Giant XTC SX geometry

rockmonkeysc
rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
edited October 2011 in MTB buying advice
Does anyone know where I can find the geometry for the 2006 Giant XTC SX?
I have found a small one on ebay & not sure if it will be about right or not

Comments

• I have a 2006 XTC SX.Don`t know if it helps but I`m 5ft 11 and at the upper end fit wise for my medium sized frame.

They are quite long and racy so I reckon you`d get away with a small if you are up to about 5ft 8 but you might need to find a 350-400mm post.

The standard one supplied on my medium was silly short at 300mm so couldn`t get sufficient leg extension.

I might be selling my medium if the small proves too small.... :wink:
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The one I was thinking of buying was advertised as small / 17.5" so I think the seller might have been confused about sizes. The standover height of 30.9" on the 17" frame might be a bit too high so I might have to go for a small.
    It's for my wife, she has tried my 18" Summer Season & the standover is just about enough with the forks wound down to 115mm but the top tube is a little long even with my 50mm stem
  • The one I was thinking of buying was advertised as small / 17.5" so I think the seller might have been confused about sizes. The standover height of 30.9" on the 17" frame might be a bit too high so I might have to go for a small.
    It's for my wife, she has tried my 18" Summer Season & the standover is just about enough with the forks wound down to 115mm but the top tube is a little long even with my 50mm stem

Monkey,Giant`s sizing policy changed,about 3 years ago,when they changed the XTC frame quite substantially.When I got my XTC in 2006 it went 17.5 S,19 M,21 large.

I think their new policy better reflects the size,as my 19 whilst it measures 19 from bb to top of the seatpost is more like an 18 in other manufacturers ranges.

Ask the seller what it says on the bottom of the seatube.Mine is clearly marked as a medium.If its an 06 SX Small it will be 17.5 measured from bb centre to top of the seatpost not top tube.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo