Anything near Scunthorpe? Doncaster?

zedhead
zedhead Posts: 109
edited December 2011 in Routes
There's vague chance that I'll be moving to Scunnie, but I want to know if there's any decent MTBing in the area before I commit! :)
Early Orange 5, Felt Z85, Scott Thicko, modified Giant full suss (both nicked)- beat-up single-speed rigid 1992 Saracen (scrapped), and various 2-wheelers with big engines

Comments

• zedhead
    Or within an hour? York? Lincoln? Sheffield?
    Early Orange 5, Felt Z85, Scott Thicko, modified Giant full suss (both nicked)- beat-up single-speed rigid 1992 Saracen (scrapped), and various 2-wheelers with big engines
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Peak District/Yorkshire Dales/North Yorkshire Moors all around an hour-ish from Scunny.
    Trail centres:-
    Dalby(Pickering)
    Sherwood Pines(Worksop-ish)
    Gisburn(Yorks Dales)
    Lee Quarry(bit further afield)
    Then there's Stainburn(Harrogate-ish),Wharnecliff Woods(Sheffield) etc.
    Depends what you want
  • zedhead
    A fair bit of choice if I want to travel then.
    I'm happy doing anything - trail centres when they're quiet (ish), natural stuff if it's easy to follow and I won't get lost - but it's always easier to get time on the bike when you don't have to waste time travelling...
  • Highy
    Highy Posts: 38
    Peak, NY Moors, Dales about 1-1.5hrs away, Clipstone (or whatever it's called now) about 1hr.
    Some decent singletrack north of Scunny and there's a bit in Lincs wolds (20 mins) or just over the bridge in East Yorks - the Hull lads will be able to help you with that.
  • zedhead
    I'll be getting an OS map to have a closer look at Norf Scunnie!
    Just need the Hull lads to pop in and give me a hint or two then! :D