dover to newcastle

dazza3512
dazza3512 Posts: 58
edited October 2011 in Tour & expedition
hi guys, just in the early stages of planning next years rides,and have been offered a free lift to dover,i am thinking of following the NCN route 1 all the way back to south shields,any body done any or all of this route,need info on guides, maps etc,

regards :P
He travels fastest who travels alone

Comments

• Dazza, Did London to Newcastle last year, be happy to give you some info ion the route/profile etc etc or see www.veloandblue.com 2010 Ride
  • cheers Russ,did you do the ncn route no 1,if so that will be great,i will be doing it fully laden and will be camping,so i am looking for camp-site recommendations, i have mapped the route,and have come up with a distance of 480 miles from Dover to York, i may run out of time to come all the way back to south shields,so i may have to jump on the train from York,but if i can do the whole route then i will,time is the factor unfortunately.
    i am cadging a lift of a friend who is driving down to Dover to go to France for le mans,so it will be an overnight drive from home to Dover,so my first day will be say Canterbury, Canterbury to north London(any camp-sites around Epping would be great)then,Colchester Norwich, , Boston,Market Raisin, Beverly,whitby, Middlesbrough,south shields.
    so i think looking at your link in your last post my journey will be a lot different to yours,as you and the lads must have been shifting.
    He travels fastest who travels alone