Cannondale super six 2011 (exposed carbon)

addictedtocarbon
addictedtocarbon Posts: 111
edited October 2011 in Your road bikes
Hi, thinking about buying a cannondale super six 2011 (exposed carbon) but fitting Planet X Carbon 'no logo' 82/101 wheels.
Here is what the bike looks like at this link:
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/can ... e-ec025311

Here are the wheels:
http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/WPP ... ---tubular

Just wanted advice/ thoughts about this. Thanks.
It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.

--Ernest Hemingway

Comments

• Those wheels are a nightmare in normal riding conditions. On a still day they are great in a TT.
    They'd also look daft on that bike...
  • lef
    lef Posts: 728
    +1 it will look naff. maybe its a cannondale slice you want?
  • morxy
    morxy Posts: 114
    I think it would look amazing if you choose 50 or 60mm rims. The 82/101mm rims are a bit overkill... a bit Max Power if you know what I mean.
  • SLX01
    SLX01 Posts: 338
    I have 60mm on my bike and they are 'interesting' when its a bit breezy having deeper rims on a non TT or Tri bike is ridiculous.
  • The SRAM S60 are quite nice.(60mm)
    It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.

--Ernest Hemingway
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Nice bike.

The wheels look nice too but certainly not suitable for the type of riding you'll be doing (sportive and long distance).

I reckon they will be quite an unforgiving ride and a definite problem in a side wind.

I've never used tubulars so wouldn't know how easy it is to sort out a puncture, for that reason I stick to the trusty clinchers with a couple of spare tubes in my saddle bag.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Bollox to all that, it would look cool! 8)

I'd race on that (but I will conceed, the handling would be fun in a crosswind so buy a 50 front for those breezy days) :D
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • Maybe wheels are for a tt bike...

--Ernest Hemingway