S-works MT Team helmet...help?!

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited October 2011 in MTB buying advice
So, two helmets arrived this morning from Evans (wanted to ensure I got right size). Unfortunately I seem to be between sizes. Small fits really well until you try it on with a skull cap or similar, but the medium looks a tad on the big side when worn without any headgear :(

I'm leaning towards the medium, although there does seem to be a fair bit of room between the back of my head and the inside structure of the helmet itself even when cinched right up. Helmet itself doesn't move though when on.

Anyway, my real question is, does anyone know if the detachable visors come in different sizes to match the helmet? Reason for asking is that both the small and medium have arrived with visors marked with an "s" on the underside. On the Small the visor clips in no problem (good secure fit) but on the medium it doesn't fit nearly so well, and almost seems too small, and pings out of one of the mounting slots. If anyone reading this has a medium sized MT Team helmet, is there a letter printed on the underside of your visor?
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• Just looked at my medium s works helmet and it does have a M stamped on the visor. Hope that helps.
    Trek Fuel Ex 9.8 2010
    Yeti SB66
  • luv2ride
    StumpyPaul

Thanks for the response :) - Evans customer services have still not responded but this clarifies the problem for me. Will let Evans know and see whether they can replace the visor with a suitably sized replacement....

thanks again, much appreciated!
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • luv2ride
    Good news. Evans have confirmed that the visor should be size specific to the S-works helmet. and have posted to correct one out to me...took a while but they came through in the end! :lol:
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    Luv2ride wrote:
    I'm leaning towards the medium, although there does seem to be a fair bit of room between the back of my head and the inside structure of the helmet itself even when cinched right up. Helmet itself doesn't move though when on.
    Why not try a different manufacturer, you might find one that fits... :?
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets