Over 40 freedom!

solosuperia
solosuperia Posts: 333
edited October 2011 in The bottom bracket
I seem to remember sometime ago casting my eye over a paper written by, I believe a Russian academic.
His premise was that if you led a relatively blameless life up to the age of 40, you could then go for it big time!
Because by the time the naughty things crept up on you it would be time to pop your clogs anyway!

Having been as fit as a butcher's dog at 40 a marathon in 2hrs 29 I have rather indulged myself since. I drink ale, smoke cigars and in general live high on the hog, my wife is a cook of almost cordon bleu standard.

I still get some miles under my belt on the bike in a week.

My reason for posting this is, am I living under some sort of misapprehension? or has someone else come across this theory or indeed any papers on the subject.
Cheers

Comments

• It's your life why not enjoy it. I'd say booze, whore, eat, smoke, do whatever you like as long it doesn't harm others. Life's too short for rules and restrictions; just remember you're responsible FOR others not TO others.

Do you really to see an academic paper to tell you how to live your life?

Free yourself from regimented thinking, always challenge authority, never vote tory and send me some of your wifes' cooking. Happy days.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I'd say booze, whore, eat, smoke, do whatever you like as long it doesn't harm others or involve wearing mid-calf black socks when cycling, or a UCI world champ/GB team shirt unless you earned it, or mixing one team top with a different team shorts, or team top from one major bike maker whilst riding a bike from another, etc., etc. Life's too short for rules and restrictions*

*except in the happy world of cycling where there seems to be no end of folks who will tell you what to do or wear and then argue the toss in never ending threads

FTFY :wink:
  • The middle way is your friend.

The path of moderation between mindless self indulgence and self mortification is the way.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Bobbinogs wrote:
    I'd say booze, whore, eat, smoke, do whatever you like as long it doesn't harm others or involve wearing mid-calf black socks when cycling, or a UCI world champ/GB team shirt unless you earned it, or mixing one team top with a different team shorts, or team top from one major bike maker whilst riding a bike from another, etc., etc. Life's too short for rules and restrictions*

*except in the happy world of cycling where there seems to be no end of folks who will tell you what to do or wear and then argue the toss in never ending threads

FTFY :wink:

Don't disrespect the rules, man. :shock:
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!