Full suspension bike options

jaymzof78
jaymzof78 Posts: 4
edited October 2011 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I am getting a new bike and have narrowed it down to these 2 steeds::

2011 Ghost ASX4900 - http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... 0-10-36183

2011 Specialized FSR Camber Comp - http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/produc ... ?&id=14783

Which shall I go for? I see the Ghost has a slightly better review (4/5) vs camber (3/5).

Are the components better on the Ghost? I see it has no rear lock out but the camber does....and the Ghost has a better fork and better brakes than the camber?

really don't know which one to get....it's on my works cycle2work scheme....and before you ask I can't use it at halfords or I'd get the Boardman Full suss!

any advice will be great!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Can you try any of them?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    MBR just voted the Giant Trance X4 their MTB of the year (£1250) and rated it as better than many £2K+ bikes, so worth a look - oh and it beat the Camber.....

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    ^^What he said^^

Giant Trance X is awesome. I have just sold mine (not enough time for XC & DH) it was awesome fun & rides extremely well. You won't get better for the money.
  • ahh, It has to be under £1000 as I'm doing the cyclescheme thing....the trance looks great but its over budget. The two bikes I mentioned above are the only full susser's under £1000....so it has to be outta these I'm afraid.

I tried the specialized (in bike shops car park!) it seemed really nice. I have ridden my mates Giant Trance x-5 off road and loved that but they don't make that anymore....so what do i get outta those 2 bikes?

Cheers.
  • jpenno
    jpenno Posts: 51
    Have you checked that you can use the C2w voucher against sale bikes, some places wont take them cos they have to account to C2w for around 10% of the purchase price so they lose out on sale bikes that they have already discounted
  • OK just read the review MBR of the Ghost - shocking!! How can it differ so much from the bike radar review???

I think I'm gonna get the specialized camber comp and maybe upgrade the brakes in the future.....

8)