Lance still competing...in a triathlon...

2»

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,402
    :lol::lol::lol:

Oh this is fun! Someone else wind him up go on!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I love you Moray Gub
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    ddraver wrote:

isn't this just another way of you saying

"my last point was blown out of the water someone else have a go"
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Its a shame Moray, Because i can see you are a smiths/mozza fan, and i am a MASSIVE smiths and mozza fan...but Lance Armstrong? come on, Moz would prefer seal clubbing to that twonk.
  • ddraver
    Moray Gub wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

No, it's a way of laughing at you...
    - @ddraver
  • moray_gub
    ddraver wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

is that the best you can do ? p*ss poor really .
  • ddraver wrote:

well I know who I'm laughing at.... :wink:
  • moray_gub
    You are obviously easily amused then
  • Moray Gub wrote:

Lets face it Moray, bet some of these people get all dewey-eyed about Pantani, Ullrich etc.

Not that I've anything against those riders per say, but some posters here seem to have a distinctly skewed, vitriolic viewpoint. Doesnt come over well or do you any favours guys. :roll:

Take it nobodys open minded enough to compare riders pre-Tour preparation & results, VAM & power output?
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Moray Gub wrote:

Lets face it Moray, bet some of these people get all dewey-eyed about Pantani, Ullrich etc.

Not that I've anything against those riders per say, but some posters here seem to have a distinctly skewed, vitriolic viewpoint. Doesnt come over well or do you any favours guys. :roll:

Take it nobodys open minded enough to compare riders pre-Tour preparation & results, VAM & power output?

Can you link to some dewey eyed posts about Jan or Pantani? Think most here accept they were cuddly/panache-laden riders (delete as appropriate) who were doped to the eyeballs, whereas Lance was an unpleasant, omerta-reinforcing (albeit occasionally panache-laden) bully who was doped to the eyeballs.

No skew there I can see.

And if you don't like us, please close the door on the way out :wink:

Strava is not Zen.
  • calvjones wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Can you link to some dewey eyed posts about Jan or Pantani? Think most here accept they were cuddly/panache-laden riders (delete as appropriate) who were doped to the eyeballs, whereas Lance was an unpleasant, omerta-reinforcing (albeit occasionally panache-laden) bully who was doped to the eyeballs.

No skew there I can see.

lol :) - now, now no need for you to go and prove my point. Is this your forum or something? Must've missed that!
  • calvjones wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

No skew there I can see.

Calv puts it well, its not just that Lance is a dirty lieing cheat who still refuses to accept the truth, its also that he is a vile, vile, arrogant little man.
  • moray_gub
    calvjones wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

No skew there I can see.

Calv puts it well, its not just that Lance is a dirty lieing cheat who still refuses to accept the truth, its also that he is a vile, vile, arrogant little man.

he speaks highly of you as well !
  • moray_gub
    calvjones wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

o compare riders pre-Tour preparation & results, VAM & power output?

No skew there I can see.
    :

There are plenty of posters in here who have expressed their admiration for Pantani and Big Jan over the years and yet howl their dissaprovall of LA. Personally couldn't give a monkeys about any of them but i do like to point out the hypocrisy that abounds in here.
  • ddraver
    Ok then MG, stop picking fights and give us your thoughts on Armstrong, Ullrich and Pantani..

Any suggestion of "I ve made my point before" will result in you being labelled a weedy pigeon and forever ignored - say it again so we know where we all stand!
    - @ddraver
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Moray Gub wrote:
    calvjones wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

No skew there I can see.
    :

There are plenty of posters in here who have expressed their admiration for Pantani and Big Jan over the years and yet howl their dissaproval of LA. Personally couldn't give a monkeys about any of them but i do like to point out the hypocrisy that abounds in here.

well said Moray Gub, The anti-doping people here talk the LA/doping suff to death here at times. I mean, have a look at the dope testing stats for wimbledon tennis or the number of missed tests in football or other sports..our little anti-doping heros on Pro race won't want to talk comparisons as cycling would be made to look much better, be seen in a better light if compared
  • ddraver
    So, let's see if I ve got this right, It's ok for Larry to Dope because other sports have a doping problem as well?
    - @ddraver
  • calvjones
    Moray Gub wrote:
    calvjones wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

No skew there I can see.
    :

There are plenty of posters in here who have expressed their admiration for Pantani and Big Jan over the years and yet howl their dissaprovall of LA. Personally couldn't give a monkeys about any of them but i do like to point out the hypocrisy that abounds in here.

Why is it hypocrisy to like one doper but dislike another?

Strava is not Zen.
  • moray_gub
    calvjones wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    calvjones wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

No skew there I can see.
    :

If the reason for your disliking one is becuase he is a doper while fawning over another doper like many seem do in here then of course it is. Of course this will be followed by you saying you dislike him because he is arrogant etc etc. The way some go on about Pantani,Ullrich as if they are some kind of cycling demi gods and a few others but seem to fling vitriol and bile the way of LA and Vino to name but two is quite laughable really.
  • calvjones
    OK, fair enough. If you honestly think there's no difference between the wider behaviour of, say, Jan and Lance then I guess there's little point in letting this discussion limp on.

Strava is not Zen.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Ullrich, Pantani LA were all dopers... the difference is that up until about a year ago a few posters on here somehow thought that LA was as clean as he made out out to be and constantly posted in his defence whenever anyone suggested other wise. In the last year or so, they seem to have accepted that LA was a doper as well, but still defend him whenever his name is mentioned because 'all the others were at it'. The fact is that LA was the most successful doper of a rotten generation... he gained the most rewards, and is still seen by a few idiots as being clean. No wonder people reserve particularly strong feelings about the odious git. Does that mean I can't still enjoy watching videos of him attacking in the alps, along with of Ullrich and Pantani? No. Does that mean that every time a fanboy turns up on a forum to defend him the temptation to take the piss is overwhelming? Yes.

Right, now that Dave "the voice of the peleton" has talken the bait, it only leaves Paul_Cuthbert and Rockmount... hmmm, I wonder what bait'll hook 'em?

(Steps back and waits for Dennisn to re-post this message with a "So who MAKES you an AUTHORITY on all of THIS? Why not phone the FEDs with this EVIDENCE moment.)

Ta ta, I'm off to the beach.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Moray Gub wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

If the reason for your disliking one is becuase he is a doper while fawning over another doper like many seem do in here then of course it is. Of course this will be followed by you saying you dislike him because he is arrogant etc etc. The way some go on about Pantani,Ullrich as if they are some kind of cycling demi gods and a few others but seem to fling vitriol and bile the way of LA and Vino to name but two is quite laughable really.

Seriously though, why are you always so preoccupied with what other members of the forum think? The only time you ever pipe up is to have a little jibe over something someone said three years ago, or to point out some supposed hypocrisy you claim to see. When was the last time you posted about something related to racing?
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

Seriously though, why are you always so preoccupied with what other members of the forum think? The only time you ever pipe up is to have a little jibe over something someone said three years ago, or to point out some supposed hypocrisy you claim to see. When was the last time you posted about something related to racing?

Can i make a suggestion........take your head out out of your ringpiece and read the whole thread and you will find that i have contributed to numerous threads relating to race issues in the last week...........it always amuses me when the likes of yourself spout this shite without actually thinking about it beforehand, Andrew you should know better.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    What's up Moray, they chased you off the Rugby forum today, lol.
  • The-beast
    The-beast Posts: 140
    i want a refund for lances autobiography :x
  • ddraver
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Can i make a suggestion........take your head out out of your ringpiece and read the whole thread and you will find that i have contributed to numerous threads relating to race issues in the last week...........it always amuses me when the likes of yourself spout this shite without actually thinking about it beforehand, Andrew you should know better.

I have just done this...

There is not a single post on this topic where you ve given your own opinion. There are several where you ve tried to pretend you re right by making childish comments about other people, but nowhere have you actually told us what you think.

So I'm calling you out for a second time, forget what has been said 10 years ago, none of us care. What are your opinions on Armstron, Ulrich and Pantani....
    - @ddraver
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Thanks mum. You're getting as good as Dennis at avoiding answering questions... although to be fair, Dennis doesn't have as have as big a chip on his shoulder.
  • ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Ullrich, Pantani LA were all dopers... the difference is that up until about a year ago a few posters on here somehow thought that LA was as clean as he made out out to be and constantly posted in his defence whenever anyone suggested other wise. In the last year or so, they seem to have accepted that LA was a doper as well, but still defend him whenever his name is mentioned because 'all the others were at it'. The fact is that LA was the most successful doper of a rotten generation... he gained the most rewards, and is still seen by a few idiots as being clean. No wonder people reserve particularly strong feelings about the odious git. Does that mean I can't still enjoy watching videos of him attacking in the alps, along with of Ullrich and Pantani? No. Does that mean that every time a fanboy turns up on a forum to defend him the temptation to take the wee-wee is overwhelming? Yes.

Right, now that Dave "the voice of the peloton" has talken the bait, it only leaves Paul_Cuthbert and Rockmount... hmmm, I wonder what bait'll hook 'em?

(Steps back and waits for Dennisn to re-post this message with a "So who MAKES you an AUTHORITY on all of THIS? Why not phone the FEDs with this EVIDENCE moment.)

Ta ta, I'm off to the beach.

+1
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer