Cannondale Synapse

woozor
woozor Posts: 117
edited October 2011 in Your road bikes
Got my new bike through yesterday and remaining parts today, so here it is.

A Cannondale Synapse Tiagra

It is my first road bike and look forward to clocking up some serious milleage on it.
SDC11137-1.jpg

SDC11134.jpg

SDC11133.jpg

Comments

• Very nice, how do you find the ride?
  • Very nice bike mate. Was looking at these myself but went for CAAD8 instead. What saddle bag is that? Looks good!
  • Lovely looking bike mate.
    Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Comp
    Carrera Subway Hybrid
  • woozor
    Very nice bike mate. Was looking at these myself but went for CAAD8 instead. What saddle bag is that? Looks good!

It's one of these medium white.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/alt ... ery=altura
  • I've got the synapse 105 love it
  • Set the tops/hoods level, if you can't manage it then it's too big.

lovely bike though.
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    Set the tops/hoods level, if you can't manage it then it's too big.

can't manage what..?
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    Pseudonym wrote:

can't manage what..?

Think that ride_whenever is suggesting that if you are not comfortable with tops/hoods that are level then the frame is too big.
  • lemoncurd wrote:
    Pseudonym wrote:

can't manage what..?

Think that ride_whenever is suggesting that if you are not comfortable with tops/hoods that are level then the frame is too big.

Yeah, sorry; I worded that badly. Just based on my fitting experience, and that rather clear indicator. Obvs. I haven't seen you on it though.
  • woozor
    Not sure what you mean by set the tops and hoods level? Is that aimed at me?
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    woozor wrote:
    Not sure what you mean by set the tops and hoods level? Is that aimed at me?

I think it was, although I don't really understand the point. Hood position is a personal choice and shimano hoods lend themselves to a slight upward tilt like that. It is certainly no 'clear' indication of the frame being the wrong size. Either way, even if the reach was too long, you could probably fix it with a shorter stem...

My preference is to set the hoods/tops in exactly the same way - but it's just preference, not even an issue....
  • woozor
    When I took those pics I had just built the bike I hadn't even taking it for a ride yet.

As for being to big for me how can someone make that assumption when they haven't even seen the person on the bike. I can surely say the size is perfect.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Well I'm glad you like it, it's probably the perspective throwing me off. However in my experience, when you've got a significant tilt upwards it's because you're in to severe a position of your flexibility and core strength as an upwards tilt helps when you're load bearing on the arms.
  • woozor
    I see well Ill try a lower postion as When I did it I just went by what the handle position said, by lining it up central on the marker.

I am a PT so strength and core is no issue :wink:
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    woozor wrote:
    I am a PT so strength and core is no issue :wink:

Oooooh, good flexibility too??? You'd be awesome to fit, it does get a bit dull doing the same types of fit over and over again, with the only interesting bit being the individual injuries...
  • Well I'm glad you like it, it's probably the perspective throwing me off. However in my experience, when you've got a significant tilt upwards it's because you're in to severe a position of your flexibility and core strength as an upwards tilt helps when you're load bearing on the arms.

Ever looked at a picture of Tony Martin? He seems to disagree with you
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000