Schwalbe Dirty Dan

kenan
kenan Posts: 952
edited October 2011 in MTB buying advice
On-one have got these on offer for £20 and was thinking of trying them for a winter tyre and wondered if anyone had tried them before. Also what size the 2.0 comes up like.

Comments

• Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    They're supposed to be good, on a par with the Mud-X. I would buy some myself but my Mud-X's are still ok and I have a shed full of 'bargin' tyres already.
  • kenan
    Yeah read a few reviews and looks good. Have lots of tyres in my garage but wanted to try some "winter" tyres this year and look good for the money with a low weight bonus.
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    That is a goof price and they are pacestar, allegedly.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I've ordered a pair, if they're on the claimed 440g (I'm slightly dubious, I'll check) then they're far lighter than Mud Xs, and should be a cracking winter/wet tyre.
  • kenan
    njee20 wrote:
    I've ordered a pair, if they're on the claimed 440g (I'm slightly dubious, I'll check) then they're far lighter than Mud Xs, and should be a cracking winter/wet tyre.

Would you be kind enouth to advise how acurate the weight and size is when they turn up please.

I normally run bigger tyres so hoping they are't sizes like maxxis.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    They're the same size as a Rocket Ron 2.0, if that helps, I only use Schwalbe, so can't comment on other brands.

Edit: just shown up, ordered at 1pm yesterday, pukka boxed 2011 stock, 451g and 452g, I'm happy.
  • kenan
    Thanks for that, think I'll give em a go.