Blood Group Diets?!

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
just been looking at my blood donor card, it says im A Rh Positive basically A positive.

after a quick googling i found diets to specific blood types!?

anyone ever seen these before....surely having one type of blood isnt going to make that much difference to diet requirements?
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• Blood donation was the only thing I ever got an A+ in.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Sure you weren't on a vampire forum?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • heard about it and thought it sounded like a load of rubbish
    Focus Cayo Pro
    Cotic Soul custom
    Merida Cross 4
    Planet X Dirty Disco custom cyclocross
    Tern D8 clown bike
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    How do you guys know your blood type?
  • How do you guys know your blood type?

Blood donation for me, after a couple of times they give you a badge with your blood type on.
  • It was on my dogtags
    Focus Cayo Pro
    Cotic Soul custom
    Merida Cross 4
    Planet X Dirty Disco custom cyclocross
    Tern D8 clown bike
  • jeez, it's like the whole make sausages on the 4th monday from penticost cos they're tastier.

why oh why would the human body require a diet tailored to a single protein identifier on the outside of blood cells.

ffs
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • mudcow007

give blood, they send you a card in a few weeks telling you what gang your in
  • mudcow007
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    mudcow007 wrote:

Yep, then you know which roaming street gang to join, we have 'rumbles' when someone crosses into our territory. AB- always get a hiding!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • rick_chasey
    mudcow007 wrote:

Is this the only way?
  • mudcow007 wrote:

and how many times does that article say "not enough scientific evidence"...

I... will stop now. It's nonsense in this day and age.
  • mudcow007 wrote:

Hmmm, so I'm meant to be a vegetarian who limits their coffee and alcohol intake? They can sod right off then.
  • bails87
    mudcow007 wrote:

Is this the only way?

I'm sure a private medical company would do it for you. Or if you have a blood test for anything else. Maybe it's on your medical records from birth. Ask your GP.
    MTB/CX

• rick_chasey
    bails87 wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:

Is this the only way?

I'm sure a private medical company would do it for you. Or if you have a blood test for anything else. Maybe it's on your medical records from birth. Ask your GP.

Fair enough. I'm not that fussed.

I'm always surprised when everyone chats about putting their blood type on stuff, as if it's the kinda thing you know from birth.
  • I'm always surprised when everyone chats about putting their blood type on stuff, as if it's the kinda thing you know from birth.

Tbh that is when I've know what mine was and all my siblings from - birth that is.

O- me. Universal donor.
  • bails87
    I only found out when I gave blood (at 17 or 18) but I'd had no need to know before that, so don't know if it's recorded elsewhere.
    MTB/CX

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    mudcow007 wrote:

and how many times does that article say "not enough scientific evidence"...

I... will stop now. It's nonsense in this day and age.

+1, is all BS...
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    It's nonsense.

I read on another news site that blood groups are a really big deal in countries like Japan (hence characters on Nintendo games have their blood groups listed) and people believe that your blood group means you'll have certain character traits.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I'm an A+ too. Found out by giving blood. Not allowed to donate any more due to having had chemo a while ago. Glad I did when I could though.
  • mudcow007
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm an A+ too. Found out by giving blood. Not allowed to donate any more due to having had chemo a while ago. Glad I did when I could though.

+1 i gave blood for the first time about 3 months ago. i think its something that if you can you should
  • stuj15
    stuj15 Posts: 167
    Another A+ here. I'm on the Anthony Nolan register and having had numerous blood tests for potential donor matches over the years so I found out through them.......

....and as for having a diet for specific blood type... :?
  • Libraio
    Libraio Posts: 181
    Thumbed a book about the diet once (I work in a bookstore), all the things I love I can't have... Fark off :x

As for giving blood: I'm not allowed because I've spend more than six months in Great Britain between 1980 and 1995... Because you lot had mad cows for a while :lol:
    The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
    The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF
  • rml380z
    rml380z Posts: 244
    O negative, also known as universal donor.
    I think that means I can eat anything that's given to me.