Lapierre purchase

valheru
valheru Posts: 87
edited September 2011 in MTB buying advice
I'm intending to buy a 2012 Lapierre Zesty 714 when they are released (November I think).

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good place on the net to buy from. The last bike I bought a few years ago was from Pedal On - and they did an excellent scheme where you got points to spend in the shop from each purchase.

As far as I can see all shops seem to be selling Lapierre Zesty's 714 at the same price with no extras.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    So use them again.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • If they stocked Lapierre i would, hence the question.
  • cooldad
    Fair enough, wasn't clear from your post.
    Why online? For convenience when the frame snaps (joke) might be good to have a local dealer.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • lol - clearly the frame is not going to snap - everyone knows the high quality workmanship the French are famous for ..!!

I guess i associate the best price/deal with online sites, though if you know any lbs's that stock Lapierre i would be interested - as the price seems fixed everywhere. Though presumably the warranty would not be shop specific - but it would make things easier.

I work in the City, so i popped into a Evans to check out sizing so that is not an issue.
  • cooldad
    Warranty is with the retailer you buy from, so it does make a difference. Other shops may honour a warranty, but they don't have to.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • If you buy from a shop, for the full amount, you should be able to wangle 10% - 15% in accessories or negotiate a discount on the bike itself. Independent LBS tend to do this in my experience
  • Trouble is i think Evans is my lbs (for Lapierre), and i would have a better chance of persuading a Frenchman who lived next to a brothel to move than get a deal there ...
  • Wow - just rang AW Cycles in Reading, and they happen to be running a 20% off deal today - that includes pre-orders - therefore i have just purchased a 2012 Zesty 714 for 2879.20 (normal price 3599.00).

Thanks for the advice !!!
  • cooldad
    Result. Nice bike as well.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Thanks! - I ride Swinley a lot - so i will have to catch up with you 'London Calling' chaps at some point.
  • cooldad
    Few minutes away from my flat, so nice and convenient for me.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • If it didn't mean you have to live in Bracknell i would call you lucky ..
  • cooldad
    Too true, a shithole. PITA as well considering I work in S London.
    But we are all entitled to one mistake.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Sounds like a place overlooking the Surrey hills would make more sense, however there would be some difference in price ;-(
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    Bracknell is awesome
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • cooldad
    t0pc4t wrote:
    Bracknell is awesome innit
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • valheru wrote:
    Wow - just rang AW Cycles in Reading, and they happen to be running a 20% off deal today - that includes pre-orders - therefore i have just purchased a 2012 Zesty 714 for 2879.20 (normal price 3599.00).

Thanks for the advice !!!

just tried them - they only do it twice a year for local cycle clubs etc. so wouldn't do it for me.

If you fancy trying to double your order, I'll take the second one (L) :-) - if you feel like trying, do let me know!
  • Sorry you missed it - I tried to get them to double the order but they said the transaction has to go through on the day of the offer - sorry!
  • russellbeale - got an invite to this?

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Pri ... nerID=8662
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8