Pointless £10 voucher (CRC)

Markmjh
Markmjh Posts: 415
edited September 2011 in MTB general
just received some new gloves from CRC and inside the parcel was a £10 voucher.
Was well happy until i read the conditions! Minimum spend of £75 (which is ok), but voucher is valid for the next 2 weeks!!!

Now if i've just ordered from the site i'm not likely to be ordering again in the next 2 weeks to the value of £75+ If i needed anything i'd of ordered them when i ordered the bloody gloves!!!!!

Not sure if it is transferable but if anyone wants it let me know. You can try to see if it works
Ride Crash Ride Again

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Markmjh wrote:
    Now if i've just ordered from the site i'm not likely to be ordering again in the next 2 weeks to the value of £75+

I'm not sure you've figured out how this biking malarkey works yet..... :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • I got my voucher with some bits that came yesterday (which I ordered a week ago - delivery to France and all that) and my CRC basket is totaling £75.71 today - result!
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    I had two last week, just give the code to someone to use.

Also CRC is not always the cheapest place shop around and you will probably save a tenner anyway. :wink:
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This. Be a nice person.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I had 2 and used 1, not completely useless fking biking costs a bomb. :roll:
  • I have never heard anyone say a coupon is useless, if you don't like saving money you need to be in a looney bin.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The point is it gets some people to go buy something again when they might not have otherwise. They don't do them out of the goodness of their heart, they know how people behave and how to market their products.

It's the same as a deal in a Supermarket, which typically isn't much of a deal at all, but loads will buy that 2nd item in order to get the advertised "bargain", not realising they are only saving 1p compared to buying them individually (or even may be paying more!), and on top of that they wouldn't have normally bought 2 anyway. Then they end up with a 2nd they don't eat in time and it goes off so they bin it.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    But you are at liberty to chuck it in the bin. I'd rather have Haribo.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    True, and Haribo is more likely to make me buy from them again. Mmm.
  • deadkenny wrote:
    The point is it gets some people to go buy something again when they might not have otherwise. They don't do them out of the goodness of their heart, they know how people behave and how to market their products.

It's the same as a deal in a Supermarket, which typically isn't much of a deal at all, but loads will buy that 2nd item in order to get the advertised "bargain", not realising they are only saving 1p compared to buying them individually (or even may be paying more!), and on top of that they wouldn't have normally bought 2 anyway. Then they end up with a 2nd they don't eat in time and it goes off so they bin it.

But sometimes, just sometimes you were going to buy anyway and you got to save some money.
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    If anyone has a spare voucher could they please drop me a pm with it as i'm ordering a few bits later
    thanks
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Anonymous
    Though I'd still spend £10 more elsewhere than risk CRC given the hassles I seem to have with them ;)

Edit: In fact Wiggle's 20% off everything for the next few days works out a better deal if you're going to spend that much and better still the more you spend.