Inner Ring on the UCI's financials

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2011 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/inner- ... -published

As I recall, he did the same thing last year.

Quite an interesting read. It's also handy that Inrng definitely seems to have a business / corporate brain on him (accountant or something?)
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• I'm an uneducated fool on the UCI workings so...the money siphoned off to run the Tour of Bejing, how many other tours/races are run with money by the UCI? I ask as if there is one nation with large suprlus amounts of cash right now it's China so it's interesting money is being sent their way.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I'm not sure any other is. He does mention some money going to GP Plouay which was struggling for funds.

I think the idea of getting an event up and running in Beijing is so that the UCI can increase the draw of pro cycling and tap into some of that money flying about. If no one else wants to put on a race then they've decided to take that risk.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    An excellent article, as usual, from The Inner Ring.
  • alanjay
    alanjay Posts: 363
    Surely the point is that the money being siphoned off is into a company controlled by directors who also happen to be on the board of the UCI. Not exactly arms length is it?
  • alanjay wrote:
    Surely the point is that the money being siphoned off is into a company controlled by directors who also happen to be on the board of the UCI. Not exactly arms length is it?

Or an alternative view is that they set up a subsidiary company to persue a particular goal - as a lot of companies do.