City to South Quay

sketchley
sketchley Posts: 4,238
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
I've started work for a client in Dockland. Having scopped the place out today, they have bike parking and showers. So tomorrow I'll be riding Worcester Park to South Quay.

Guessing CS7 up to E&C then accross Tower Bridge then were from there please? Or should I stay south of the river and go through foot tunnel? Can you cycle throuh that?

Estimate Time from E&C to docklands would be useful as I need 45mins to get to E&C from home and I need to be in Docklands for 8.

Thanks
--
Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5

Comments

• Sketchley, I'd avoid the foot tunnel. CS7 then either the Highway or CS3 to Narrow Street. Turn off towards Catastrophe Wharf. Easy. Tower Bridge to South Quay will be 15 minutes max.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Sketchley wrote:
    I've started work for a client in Dockland. Having scopped the place out today, they have bike parking and showers. So tomorrow I'll be riding Worcester Park to South Quay.

Guessing CS7 up to E&C then accross Tower Bridge then were from there please? Or should I stay south of the river and go through foot tunnel? Can you cycle throuh that?

Estimate Time from E&C to docklands would be useful as I need 45mins to get to E&C from home and I need to be in Docklands for 8.

Thanks
    Easiest way is along the Highway, then turn right (involves getting off your bike) just before the Limehouse Tunnel, and down Narrow St. Traffic can be busy along Highway, but nothing you wouldn't be used to.

I have gone through the Limehouse Tunnel a couple of times (there didn't used to be a "no bikes" sign Eastbound). Very fast and not too scary (because it's easy to go the same speed as the traffic) but neither legal nor pleasant...

Not sure on timings, but easy enough to average 15+mph at that time of day, so you can work it out from distance...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • TGOTB, don't have to even get off your bike, you can turn right at the ped/cycle crossing, the tiny bit of pavement between there and Narrow St is shared use. Either that or turn left up Butcher Row at the lights then right back on to CS3 through the park.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Thanks, got it. Only add 3 miles to commute, in my head it's further. Total should be around 16.5miles from home. We will see tomorrow. Going to give myself 90mins hopefully plently to time for brakefast in pret at South Quay then.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5