OT: Don't you just love us.....

2»

Comments

• NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    gtvlusso wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    I think I have a right to be a grumpy sod today and hate this country for the fetted s**t pit that it is seeing as I have no job as of today and will be handed my notice within the next 5 working days :cry::cry:

Thats bad news - sorry to hear it.

is there much about where you are, beautiful area that it is?

In this part of the world, jobs with decent career prospects are as rare as hens teeth. Good jobs are taken up by incommers (Places like the Met Office, Babcock, Bombardier etc) any other job is seasonal or low in future prospects They really expect you to live on fresh air down here. There isn't just a north/south divide in this country, there's a North/South/South West divide :(
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    NGale wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    I think I have a right to be a grumpy sod today and hate this country for the fetted s**t pit that it is seeing as I have no job as of today and will be handed my notice within the next 5 working days :cry::cry:

In this part of the world, jobs with decent career prospects are as rare as hens teeth. Good jobs are taken up by incommers (Places like the Met Office, Babcock, Bombardier etc) any other job is seasonal or low in future prospects They really expect you to live on fresh air down here. There isn't just a north/south divide in this country, there's a North/South/South West divide :(

What kind of thing are you looking for? I know a couple of people in Exeter that *may* be able to help, if they are still around.
  • NGale
    gtvlusso wrote:
    NGale wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:
    NGale wrote:

What kind of thing are you looking for? I know a couple of people in Exeter that *may* be able to help, if they are still around.

at the moment something that pays something and that gives me Monday's off to attend my HNC course.
  • gtvlusso
    Will PM if one of my mates has any ideas/knowledge.
  • gtv - can you sort your avatar so it isn't stretched please...

pretty please :)
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Uswitch said it had weighted each category to "nationally representative criteria" using sources such as the OECD, the Met Office, the World Health Organisation and Eurostat. It then calculated a standardised score for each category, defining quality of life as the sum of the standardised scores.

I love the term weighting. I used to work for a very large global Market research firm, weighting was refered to as 'the fiddle factor'. You could give use the same data for different companies in the same sector and "weight" it to give the answers they wanted. On month after managing to lose all the data, they took the previous months data and "weighted" it so nobody would know.

Life's what you make it, I'm currently out of work, but rather than get me down, I'm out and about enjoying this great weather (I'm living of savings/investments so no cracks about lazy benefict scoungers), did a nice 100m ride yesterday and am busy trying to avoid the gardening today.
  • Torvid
    Torvid Posts: 449

Thanks, just had another redundancy meeting about the ever moving date of doom.
    Commuter: Forme Vision Red/Black FCN 4
    Weekender: White/Black - Cube Agree GTC pro FCN 3
  • NGale
    Torvid wrote:

at least your company is consulting with you. Mine has given us a five day consultation period and told us they intend to make us redundant from the 6th October. :(
  • gtvlusso
    gtv - can you sort your avatar so it isn't stretched please...

pretty please :)

In a word:

No,

I am too lazy and too busy.......

Infact, I might, it is doing my head in too.....
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    It's be nice to live in France. Vineyards, good weather, cheese, 3 hour lunchbreaks, sandy beaches, nice roads, peaceful little villages, boulangeries etc.

Shame it's full of French or it's be perfect.
  • Torvid
    NGale wrote:
    Torvid wrote:

at least your company is consulting with you. Mine has given us a five day consultation period and told us they intend to make us redundant from the 6th October. :(

well christmas they announced the company would be shut and at that time they had to give us 6 months notice since then they have had us sign new T&C's that give us only a month but keep the payments the same. Just more of a "touching base" meeting to say the last date we got was wrong and that it's now back to the first date but that may now move to next year again so no booking holidays or getting on with your lives.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,486
    NGale wrote:
    Torvid wrote:

Might want to check with the Directgov website to make sure they are doing everything by the book. That does all sound a bit hasty unless you are all on temp/short term contracts.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Torvid
    Yep get your T&C's out unless they are closing the doors you should have some notice length, or are they biscally giving you gardening leave for the notice period like they have done with some people here?
  • +1 with rjs - check yougov for details.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]