My first road bike, Cube Peloton 2011

shornuk
shornuk Posts: 11
edited September 2012 in Your road bikes
Hi all.

Just got my hands on my very 1st road bike. Looking to get into a bit of road biking and making the most of the New Forest roads by me. Got the Cube Peloton under the C2W scheme. Very pleased.
Rode home from the lbs and was amazed by how different it felt to what I've ridden before. Definitely exciting! Been pouring over the forums for the past week, getting as much info absorbed as I can!

Anyway here she is... (Shimano SPD-SL 105 pedals to come, together with R087 shoes)
Garage also getting revamped Friday to make a cosy new home for her!)

6190442706_a247249432_z.jpg

Comments

• Very n ice :)

No wonder you are chuffed with it. Love the colour scheme. Coloured tyres can be hit and miss, but thats different without being in your face.
  • Agreed. Just enough colour to make it tasteful and not garish. Very nice.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Very Nice. Got the '09 Peleton from Geoff down in Christchurch, which is where I think you got yours.

If you are interested there is a ride every Saturday from Waitrose, Xch that does about 40 miles thru the Forest. Starts at 8am. Can be anything up to 20 riders, some fast, some steady.
    The group does split up according to ability and does wait for those who are slower up the hills (that would be me).
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Looks great. Are you are professional photographer?
  • Thanks for the replies.

I was really taken by the colour scheme, as you've said, different, but not too outlandish.

@Mr Goo - I actually got it from Cycle Experience in Hythe, I live in Marchwood. I might look at some local rides, but think I will have to get a few miles on my own to get used to it. Although I think that might get increasingly more difficult with the weather that we'll be due soon! I'm kicking myself that I didn't do this at the start of Spring!

@woody1545 - Na, just a keen amateur who likes artsy shots of bikes and cars! Taken with a Nikon D40, bit of post processing in Photoshop, and then the images were collated using Diptic for the iPad.
  • Here's the spec in case you don't fancy looking it up!

Cube Peloton Road Bike - 2011 Specifications
    Frame Alu Superlite 7005 AMF Double Butted, RFR-Geometry, inner cable routing
    Fork Dedacciai DBHT Black Hole Technology Carbon
    Headset FSA No.10 semi-integrated
    Stem FSA OS190 Oversized
    Handlebars FSA Vero Compact Oversized
    Handlebar Tape CUBE Grip Control
    Rear Derailleur Shimano Tiagra RD-4500GS
    Front Derailleur Shimano Tiagra FD-4503BL triple clamp 34.9mm
    Shifters Shimano Tiagra ST-4503, 9-speed
    Brakes Shimano Tiagra BR-4500
    Crankset Shimano FC-R453 Octalink 50x39x30T, integrated BB ES25
    Cassette Shimano CS-HG50 12-25T, 9-speed
    Chain Shimano CN-HG53 108 links
    Tyres Schwalbe Lugano 25x622
    Wheels Easton EA30 Custom
    Innertubes Impac RR
    Pedals none
    Saddle RFR Natural Shape 0.2 R
    Seatpost FSA SL280 31.6mm
    Seat Clamp Scape Close 34.9mm
    Weight 9,4 kg
  • Love the paint work on these, in fact was in store to buy the peleton but went for my Attempt instead
    Enjoy your new ride
  • I had the 08 Peloton as my first road bike and it served me well. This was before the pricing of alu went up and it came spec with 105 throughout.

I found myself upgrading pretty much everything over a year as a got more into it putting ultegra on it and getting myself some hand built wheels after going through two lots of fulcrum 7's (one hub crack one free wheel went).

It was a top bike though. In spring this year the frame cracked above the weld. I thought it was all over and the need to save up for a new bike but then I checked the cube website. 5 year warrenty and because of the age of my Peloton I have been sent an Attempt 2011 frame. Just got back on it about a month back. Cube are a great company and the bikes feel and look great on the road. I wouldn't worry about winter months, personally I go out until it snows then get back on once the snow has gone.
  • Hey there,

I've got this bike and absolutely love it! My bottom bracket has gone though and i need to replace it. Does any one know the exact details of which one to buy? I have the 60cm frame size. Any help would be much appreciated! Cheers!

Bud