Mark Renshaw and the Worlds

spezial
spezial Posts: 142
edited October 2011 in Pro race
Sorry to be asking a question from the mists of time, but what was the story behind Renshaw missing the Worlds?

Had a quick search round and couldn't find anything apart from angry interviews and comments by him, with no real explanation.
"what's it pertaining?"

Comments

• rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    No outright reason. Conspiracy was that people thought he might ride for Cav. But I could never see that ever happening. He'd never be allowed to step foot on Aus ever again.

Aussies must have thought he perhaps wouldn't be up for the long stage. Which in hindsight they might have been right. He has never really been at the sharpe end of a 1 day classic. Even the hillier stages cav has won he has done so without Rensaw (am sure someone may correct me on this)

I was supraised they left him out but I'm sure they thought it was for the greater good. Although he certainly deserved to be their more than Hausler.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Was he ever expected to go to Greenedge, but didn't so someone got the hump and decided not to pick him?
  • i think it was unfair, and i bet they regret it now, how Hausler got in over him on this years performances ill never know, i think he has every right to be annoyed, maybe next year when he is riding for himself it will give him more of a chance
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    hammerite wrote:
    Was he ever expected to go to Greenedge, but didn't so someone got the hump and decided not to pick him?

I like this train of thought.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Matt White was alleged to have been behind Garmin's treachery /appropriate race tactics which prevented the George known as Big from wearing yellow in the 2010 Tour.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    hammerite wrote:

And whilst the above may or may not be true, I would hitch the carriage to this train of thought as well.
  • spezial
    spezial Posts: 142
    Tusher wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    hammerite wrote:

And whilst the above may or may not be true, I would hitch the carriage to this train of thought as well.

I actually assumed this was the case, and was looking for the news story to confirm it. Apparently he could switch allegiances and ride for the Netherlands if he wanted (he has Dutch lineage), but was keen to distance himself from that in interviews. He's already done his best to distance himself from the possibility by signing for Rabobank of course!
    "what's it pertaining?"