LVRC?

Pross
Pross Posts: 40,544
edited October 2011 in Amateur race
I turn vet with BC next season as I hit 40 in the November. However, from my reading of the LVRC site I have to actually be 40 in order to enter their events (same as riding as a vet with CTT) in which case it would realistically be the 2013 season before I can ride their events. Can anyone confirm if this understanding is correct?

Comments

• BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    When you are 40 you can race with the LVRC. If that's not until November 2012 then you can't race with the LVRC until November 2012. At least that's my understanding anyway.

Ruth
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    In the meantime, if you want age related road races.. there is the tli.
    If you are still holding out well enough in BC races, carry on doing them?
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    JGSI wrote:
    What is the difference in standard?

I’m 40 in March and was thinking of joining the LVRC. Does anyone do the Tuesday night race at MK Bowl? ...how does it compare to Thursday’s BC race?
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    ju5t1n wrote:
    JGSI wrote:

I’m 40 in March and was thinking of joining the LVRC. Does anyone do the Tuesday night race at MK Bowl? ...how does it compare to Thursday’s BC race?

You can only only try it out, I think you'll find it still very competitive for the sake of a £16 licence and very reasonable start fees.
  • ju5t1n wrote:
    JGSI wrote:

Theres a variety in allraces, bcf and lvrc, I have ridden easy and hard races in both.
    You do not say if you ride 3/4 or e,1,2,3 at the bowl. The 40 to 50 category lvrc at MK is about same as or sometimes harder than the 3/4 bit no where near the pace of the e,1,2,3 there.
    With the lvrc, if you not sure about your ability and you are a or b (40 to 44, or 45 to 49) you can ride up one or two categories to get used to it but not eligible for prizes if you do so.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,544
    JGSI wrote:

TLI don't seem to be very active in South Wales or the South West unfortunately. I'm only just getting back into racing after a long break so only did one road race this season (dropped on the first of 4 laps :oops: ). However, planning some proper training this winter and will still be riding BC but I was hoping that LVRC would give me a few additional races to go for. I guess I've got another year of training first then and I can at least console myself that I am still a youngster, every cloud etc. :lol:
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Pross wrote:
    JGSI wrote:

TLI don't seem to be very active in South Wales or the South West unfortunately. I'm only just getting back into racing after a long break so only did one road race this season (dropped on the first of 4 laps :oops: ). However, planning some proper training this winter and will still be riding BC but I was hoping that LVRC would give me a few additional races to go for. I guess I've got another year of training first then and I can at least console myself that I am still a youngster, every cloud etc. :lol:
    Another year of training? What have you been doing last year? :D
    You should be well able to start training in January and race by May, maybe look at the type of training your doing.