Tevez

ratsbeyfus
ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
edited September 2011 in The bottom bracket
cockerel.jpg

End of thread.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey

Comments

• mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Just devaluing himself for January transfer window. If he can convince Man City they don't want him for 200k a week he can name his club and transfer price effectively.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    What's he done now?

As a West Ham fan, I'll always have a soft spot for him.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mouth
    RichN95 wrote:
    What's he done now?

Apparently he refused to come on as a sub when 2-0 down vs Bayern Munich. As a United fan, I have mixed emotions about him, but I did like his work for the Hammers. Could you imagine Renshaw turning up to Paris and saying "I can't be arsed. Cav'll win anyway". He'd be looking for a new team sometime soon.
  • Be interesting to see where City stand legally. If he's voluntarily withdrawn his labour then surely that's breach of contract. Now City won't want to pay him his £200k/week to sit around doing nothing but they will want a transfer fee, although they are one of the few clubs in the world that can afford to give the little tosser away.

He must rank as one of the most ill-advised players in the world, ever. Surely Kia Joorabchian will be persona-non-grata in the football world after all this?!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • BigG67
    BigG67 Posts: 582
    Be interesting to see where City stand legally. If he's voluntarily withdrawn his labour then surely that's breach of contract. Now City won't want to pay him his £200k/week to sit around doing nothing but they will want a transfer fee, although they are one of the few clubs in the world that can afford to give the little tosser away.

He must rank as one of the most ill-advised players in the world, ever. Surely Kia Joorabchian will be persona-non-grata in the football world after all this?!

While no fan of agents and Joorabchian especially, I do think a lot of blame is placed at their door for the actions of sportmen and women. I agree they have to be looked at for the rediculous fees that are about, but stuff like this is down to the player/athlete.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    RichN95 wrote:
    What's he done now?

With hindsight it would have been better not to have had Trevis and been relegated. The compensation to Sheffield Whingers and the subsequent amounts spent trying to preserve PL status has put us in the position we are today.
  • Its all a misunderstanding he says http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15086878.stm

They can afford to let him rot in the reserves and I really hope they do it, its about time it happened.
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    This debacle is the epitomy of what is wrong with football today and why I no longer GAS about it.
  • He should spend the rest of his contract cleaning the toilets and boots of the oyuth players. Ban him form all training so he is then of no use to anybody. He is clearly a spoilt little rich child. Unfortunately with the amount that Man City and the likes pay footballers it was only a matter of time before an ego got the better of them.
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    Would not mess about as i cannot stand football ( ex rugby league player )

I would just sack him

Imagine going to work, your given a clear instruction by your superior and you refuse to carry it out

P45, see you later alligator
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Can you imagine this happening under Fergie or say Mick Macarthy? I have a love hate relationship with football, i will always love it but hate the spoilt rich footballers and their agents.
  • kev77 wrote:

I would just sack him

Imagine going to work, your given a clear instruction by your superior and you refuse to carry it out

He would love to be sacked.
    Massive signing on fee from the next club he goes to. He will find another big club and that's the problem.
    Man City can afford to let him rot in the reserves and fine him the max 2 weeks wages every time he refuses to play.
    It will affect his transfer fee as clubs now know that City want rid.
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • i thought he would have swallowed his pride after he realised no club was stupid enough to sign him at the end of the summer.. its not as if he's being paid minimum wage.. the club should own him and his whole family for £200k a week!

and he's only making the situation worse for himself in January by being an idiot now -> i'm sure West Ham would still be willing to sign him again.. not sure about anyone else though!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Not knowing much about football - can someone explain the logistics to me...?

If they sack him, they are free of his contract, but also lose any transfer fee they would get when he signs for a new club? (Assuming they have cause to sack him etc).

So, better to just bench him until Jan and get a transfer fee then - yes? Will cost them around £3 million for him to NOT play, but they will make that and more back - yes?
  • Pokerface wrote:
    Not knowing much about football - can someone explain the logistics to me...?

If they sack him, they are free of his contract, but also lose any transfer fee they would get when he signs for a new club? (Assuming they have cause to sack him etc).

So, better to just bench him until Jan and get a transfer fee then - yes? Will cost them around £3 million for him to NOT play, but they will make that and more back - yes?

Yep.
  • mouth
    the club should own him and his whole family for £200k a week!

If they were paying me that kinda money my little lad would be stitching boots for the whole team
  • Mouth wrote:
    the club should own him and his whole family for £200k a week!

If they were paying me that kinda money my little lad would be stitching boots for the whole team

And its not worth mentioning what the wife will be doing...

In all seriousness though, Tevez the dirty little scrubber, let him rot in the reserves at Barnett, the money grabbing turd. Worst thing is, if i turned up at work and said, not today thanks, can't really be arsed, not only would i be sacked, id be unemployable, if Tevez gets the sack, he'll be grabbing 200k per week somewhere else...Wheres the justice in that!
  • kev77 wrote:

Whilst I actually agree with your statement I'm only going to quote half of it for my benefit!

You were doing well up until the word league! If you'd just left it at rugby we would have presumed you meant proper rugby and would have done your cause the world of good! As it is Rugby League is only one rung above football in the manlyness stakes and so has rendered your opinion null and void I'm afraid.
  • zippypablo wrote:
    kev77 wrote:

I would just sack him

He would love to be sacked.
    Massive signing on fee from the next club he goes to. He will find another big club and that's the problem.
    Man City can afford to let him rot in the reserves and fine him the max 2 weeks wages every time he refuses to play.
    It will affect his transfer fee as clubs now know that City want rid.

Depending on how brave City are then this could turn into a test case that deals with this. He's (allegedly) been trying to leave for the best part of a year, he's "missed" numerous training sessions and pre-season games because of a failure to return from South America, he's now voluntarily withdrawn his labour. City would be quite within their rights to sack him for breach of contract and also go after him personally for the loss of a transfer fee and any other potential earnings that related to his time and performance for City and subsequent employers.

Remember there's a similar case, already proven, in the Adrian Mutu/Chelsea affair, although that revolved around his failure to deal with a drugs problem, sacking and then subsequent signature for an Italian club when rehabilitated. Chelsea got something like £14m for loss of earnings from breach of contract (the drugs ban) and his subsequent return to football.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I'd sack him and hold his registration for a year.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    I'd put him on at the start of next Euro game and then bring him off after 1 minute.

He wants to be sacked and then play for Inter Milan. Inter want him as he can help him in their Champions League games. If he plays for a minute then he is cup tied.

Then repeat the same trick in January and he'll be FA Cup tied.

Then let him stand still in training. Never let him touch a ball or play in reserves - all that does is keep him fit. Value comes down as he gets fat - a la Thomas Brolin and Leeds. His agent will step in and concede on all points to prevent his asset going down to nil value.
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Apparently City have made a case to FIFA / EUAFA which if accepted would lead to him ( is he a man?) being banned throughout the world and not play again.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    No wonder Fergie got rid.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Gazzaputt wrote:
    I'd sack him and hold his registration for a year.

The Bosman case was brought about because his club wouldn’t release him when he was out of contract as they wanted a transfer fee but he argued he was being prevented from earning a living. The courts agreed with Bosman and rightly so imo, you can’t stop someone from working elsewhere if they aren’t contracted to you.

There were always going to be issues when trying to apply the regular employment laws for average joe’s like ourselves in our 9-5 jobs to things such as sport, I’m not entirely sure the two are compatible. One reason for example is the players transfer values can be the largest asset a club can have.
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    they should loan him to a bottom of the league club, play all his wages and leave him warming the bench. He is a disgrace.

And he is not typical of modern day players. David Beckham, for example, has a hundred times more passion and commitment.

Tevez isn't fit to lace hs team-mates boots
  • Best thing about this is that shows the stupidity of City taking footballers wages to a whole new level. As was shown in the summer transfer market, when they pay players £200-250k per week, when they want to get rid of them, no other team can afford to match their wages. So City get stuck with them.. Or have to loan them out and still pay upto 75-80% of their wages. Madness!!

I can understand the ambition of the owners to be successful and to emulate and over-take United, but paying even average players over £100k is just crazy and distorts the whole market.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    [rant] Jolean Lescott...sums up the current footy world...crazy transfer fee, crazy wages. I have got bored of the whole football thing after a lifetime of avidly watching and playing it. Tevez, the Rooney fiasco ("I'm off, what's that...double my salary?...I'm staying"), the Giggs soap-saga, JT and his daliances, owners laughing at fans paying OTT prices for overpriced kit that is changed on a whim to generate cash, clubs paying 90% of their revenue on stupid salaries to stupid players and then moaning about being skint, fans earning £15k a year stepping in to organise "save my club" events only to find it's the players' huge salaries that are prioritised whilst the poor old loyal kit lady is the first to be sacked.
    [/rant]

Man City and players like Tevez have certainly not caused all the problems in football, but they are a good symptom of a sport ruined over the last 10 years. I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Best thing about this is that shows the stupidity of City taking footballers wages to a whole new level. As was shown in the summer transfer market, when they pay players £200-250k per week, when they want to get rid of them, no other team can afford to match their wages. So City get stuck with them.. Or have to loan them out and still pay upto 75-80% of their wages. Madness!!

I can understand the ambition of the owners to be successful and to emulate and over-take United, but paying even average players over £100k is just crazy and distorts the whole market.

But with tax rates across Europe so different for such high earners the salaries given to players here are nearly twice as much as in say, Spain, yet take home pay is similar. If City want to become a big club then they have to distort the UK club wage structure to attract players from a global community.

City are currently weighing up their legal options with Tevez saying other players will back up his version of events (only refused to warm up, not refused to play - despite him telling media straight after game that he did refuse to play). If Tevez thinks he is good enough to start a power struggle he is sadly demented - Messi and Kaka could do it, Ronaldo could try but Tevez will lose.

I hope he is charged with bringing the game into disrepute as at least UEFA can start throwing out meaningful punishments - the most a club can do is a two week fine.