Crank Brothers. Just nice people.

DoctorDee
DoctorDee Posts: 10
edited September 2011 in The hub
Recently I snapped an Egg Beater spindle, went down on the sheered stub and slashed my knee badly. I sent a picture to Crank Brothers, just because it was gnarly.

http://goo.gl/agUZa

They sent me a free set of pedals and some stash. Which was nice. And you'd think that would conclude the matter. It certainly made me happy. But their guy also continued to correspond with me about our mutual upcoming bike builds. And he was so nice, I decided to load my new Tallboy up with Crank Brothers bars, stem, seat post, directset and wheels. It's good gear after all.

I opted for a Bontrager Evoke RXL Carbon saddle - and so I need the 7 x 9 rail clamp which CB website is "available separately". But they are really not that easy to find. impossible even. 2Pure told my LBS that they "don't exist"

Quick email to CB, and they are sorting me out with one. It's a tiny accessory, but without it, I'd be riding round with a seat post up my crack.

The levels of service I've had from Crank Brothers have been exceptional, and I think they deserve a little acknowledgement.

Thanks for listening.
--
DoctorDee

Comments

• A mere scratch.

Nice story though, sounds like they are a decent outfit.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    But can i get a Joplin repair kit?
    No
    But in other news i love there stuff, wheels, bars and QR's i have and love.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum wrote:
    Is it an item they produce/list, or just something you need?

How light, exactly, is this glow in the dark 29er? Not that I'm thinking of glowing my XO Tallboy Carbon. I'd never do that ;-)

Ah, I see: 13.1kg I'm aiming for 11 with the Tallboy, but everything I buy is turning out heavier than the advertised weight, and I had to get heavier forks than I was planning, so might miss it by a few grams.
    --
    DoctorDee
  • DoctorDee wrote:
    Recently I snapped an Egg Beater spindle, went down on the sheered stub and slashed my knee badly. I sent a picture to Crank Brothers, just because it was gnarly.

http://goo.gl/agUZa

Did you tell them that you were making love to your bike at the time? At least that's what the photo suggests?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    DoctorDee wrote:
    Recently I snapped an Egg Beater spindle, went down on the sheered stub and slashed my knee

It's good gear after all.
    :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Unlucky for your poor knee.... However, to be expected using Crank Brothers kit... All their kit is really eye catching and nice to look at, but for reliability & dependability they're amongst the worst in the business, in fact I don't know how they are still in business...

EDIT: Found the link I was looking for....

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/dear-crank-bros
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    bails87 wrote:
    DoctorDee wrote:
    Recently I snapped an Egg Beater spindle, went down on the sheered stub and slashed my knee

It's good gear after all.
    :lol:
    This +1 soon to be dead potato
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • VWsurfbum wrote:
    No

Sure about that? Phone 2Pure they are most helpful
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    No

Sure about that? Phone 2Pure they are most helpful
    where and who are they?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • uk distributor for CB. they were helpful when I wanted new plastic cleat shims instead fo being ripped off for the metal ones. posted 2 sets FOC in under 3 days.
  • VWsurfbum
    DoctorDee wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Is it an item they produce/list, or just something you need?

How light, exactly, is this glow in the dark 29er? Not that I'm thinking of glowing my XO Tallboy Carbon. I'd never do that ;-)

Ah, I see: 13.1kg I'm aiming for 11 with the Tallboy, but everything I buy is turning out heavier than the advertised weight, and I had to get heavier forks than I was planning, so might miss it by a few grams.
    its just over 12 with a light set of race tyres and without the Joplin on.
    I'm curious to how good the tallboy is, i'd love a carbon FS bike again but the choice in FS 29er frames on the market at a reasonable price is pretty small :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty