BHF London to South Coast off-road this weekend?

stimpy_76
stimpy_76 Posts: 43
edited September 2011 in MTB rides
Anyone else lining up for this ride on Saturday?
Commuter MTB FCN 12
XC MTB FCN 9

Comments

• :lol: I am :lol: Looking forward to it as well.
  • yep ill be there :)
  • Any idea if train companies are allowing bikes on their trains back to London on the day?
  • ric7481
    ric7481 Posts: 103
    What a great ride :D feeling it in the thighs today though ! :lol:

Three punctures for me :( however a trip to casualty for my cus - :x - 16 stitches ;later and he's all good...will be back next year
  • good fun wasn't it! Hope your cousin is making a good recovery - where did he come off?

my mate was wearing clip-ins for the first time and stacked it 5 times. My other mate went over the bars, both good enough to carry on though. Amazingly between the 3 of us no punctures or mechanicals.
    1999 Scott Vail - Work commute
    2015 Giant Anthem 27.5 SX - Weekend riding

East Hants MTB on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/288056017965343/
  • fantastic day loved it,well done to all who took part and to the organisers, does anyone know when the pictures will be up?
  • excellent day - great weather and a good turn out! Well done all! Who did the photo this year, where are they hosted usually?
  • I completed it with my brother and another friend. My bro was off five times, one quite badly on the churned up track with MX bikes coming down and he also got stung on the head by a wasp. We managed to do it in 7.5 hours with only stops to refill water so it was a real joy! My other mate came in an hour later but had been suffering with major cramps after 30miles but he still pushed on. What an amazing day weather wise for such a long ride!
  • looks like the photo's will be hosted by flickr.com but they dont seem to have uploaded any for this year yet
  • I feel better having read that, I only went off once but it was over the bars and into a barb wire fence :D thanks to the lady who stopped and helped me stick a dressing on with my arm warmers… still a great day, finished just after 4, not sure I'd do it again but really liked the ride and organisation.
  • pemsey
    pemsey Posts: 107
    I think the photos will be on Actionphoto.net - which probably means if you want a copy it''ll cost you! I wondered how come there were so many photographers taking s many photos as possible of each rider...........

Hopefully they'll also be donating a fair wadge of any money taken for photos to BHF? :roll:
  • pemsey
    pemsey Posts: 107
    BTW - for what it's worth, I thought it was much better organised than last year and there was more of an "atmosphere" at the end - just a shame there wasn't a "finish line" to bunny hop this time :D
  • anjs
    anjs Posts: 486
    Yes they are on http://www.actionphoto.net 12 quid a shot
  • pemsey wrote:
    BTW - for what it's worth, I thought it was much better organised than last year and there was more of an "atmosphere" at the end - just a shame there wasn't a "finish line" to bunny hop this time :D
    Agree with that - although some fella did somehow stack it as he crossed the line on Saturday lol!
  • anjs
    anjs Posts: 486
    yep saw that he tried to pull a big endo and went over the bars. Looked like he broke one of his bar ends
  • I can't see any photos from the off road ride...