Looking for a cycling partner in Taunton, Somerset

Kamzter
Kamzter Posts: 191
edited December 2011 in Road beginners
Anyone from Taunton wanna meet up weekends?
Male/female, newbee/semi pro, I do not care as long as we are both out and happy !!
40 mph in a 30 zone officer? nah, I've only been out for the last 5 minutes !!

Comments

• I'm out in Cotford, just bought a cheapie to get me started after watching the TdF non-stop :lol:

Aged over 40, but I think I'm in fair shape though I haven't been on a bike in years. I work on Saturday mornings, but can get out after that and on Sundays. Give me a shout if you want to meet up somewhere
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    Somerset Road Club go for rides on Sunday morning. They either meet in the middle at the cobbled roundabout or at the Creech Castle

I haven't ridden with them for a few years, they are too "racey" for me.

I work in Taunton, live just in Devon and often ride on sunday afternoons. Not so much at the moment though
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Might be worth trying the Wellington Wheelers as they are based just down the road (a nice warm-up spin away) and they are usually up to all kinds of stuff:

http://wellingtonwheelers.wordpress.com/
  • Kamzter wrote:
    Anyone from Taunton wanna meet up weekends?
    Male/female, newbee/semi pro, I do not care as long as we are both out and happy !!

I live in Taunton and up for a wingman.
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • Yep, I'm in Taunton too (blackbrook), but then 3 is a crowd :(
    vorsprung wrote:
    Somerset Road Club go for rides on Sunday morning. They either meet in the middle at the cobbled roundabout or at the Creech Castle

I haven't ridden with them for a few years, they are too "racey" for me.
    Yes there are some fast guys around here. Like that guy who was doing 20mph into the wind on the somerset levels (didn't even bother using the drops), or that stick insect who dropped my on a hill (he didn't even slow down a touch or look like he was climbing..).

But they shave their legs so that doesn't count (my own SCR rules) :lol:
  • Yep, I'm in Taunton too (blackbrook), but then 3 is a crowd :(

What you talking 'bout willis?
    More the merrier
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • Kamzter
    Kamzter Posts: 191
    Perhaps the ones that have replied and can go for a spin over a weekend wanna meet up ?
    I am more then happy to steady it if there are ones that like to take it steady, I just need to get out !!

Facebook; Kamzter Ink'd Kelly
    Twitter; Kellyschallenge
    40 mph in a 30 zone officer? nah, I've only been out for the last 5 minutes !!