Just don't get it....

2»

Comments

• alanp23
    alanp23 Posts: 696
    I agree that coverage on TV is excellent if you rely on ITV4 and Eurosport (+1 on timing issues). I've discovered the Classics this year which I had never watched before and loved.

I would prefer if BBC show Track and leave the Road to the ones who know what they are talking about. I rate Hugh Porter far far lower than Carlton. (and please dont assume that that there is any compliment in there.) I still remember fondly Mr Porter's commentary from last years world's on the leaders chasing down a non-existant Gilbert. :roll:

So no issue for me if the BBC leave well alone.
    Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016
  • This has sort of gone off topic as my rant really is about the lack of news coverage on both BBC and ITV. The ToB as our home tour and it doesn't get a mention on two of the sports bulletins on Sunday morning.

As for TV coverage of actual races or highlights then I applaud ITV4 and Eurosport and BBC get credit for track coverage and currently the Worlds which are being streamed off the red button channel.
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    I emailed ITV4 on Monday to applaude their cycling coverage this year, and I also made them aware I'll be buying a new car next week, and a major influence on my decision to get an Octavia estate was Skoda's sponsorship on the ToB and other races. ITV record all feedback and hopefully emails like the one I sent and similar will convince them to broadcast even more races. I suggest feeding back to them just how much you have enjoyed their coverage to ensure they perceive cycling as a viable and worthy sport to support. My next step is to email Skoda and Sharp with a similar sentiment.
  • alanp23
    alanp23 Posts: 696
    PS Belatedly realised my rant is somewhat ruined by the fact that HP was commentating on ITV4. :oops:
    Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    AndyRAC wrote:
    I wonder whether it would help even if Cav won the Worlds next week - i doubt it.
    Make the most of it for the next 24 hours whilst Cav gets plenty of coverage on the BBC news bulletins. 8)
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    I watch a lot of cycling on TV but lets be honest, it's not much of a spectator sport - at least 90% of a race. I record most of what I watch so I can play it back at 12x and 30x, stop for the crashes, big climbs/fast descents and then watch the last 15km in real time. Downhill MTBing is a much better TV spectacle but also pretty hard for joe public to understand IMO (I'm talking about the skill levels), a lot just think they're free-wheeling down a mountain. Track is good but outside of the Olympics and World Champs it's a bit hit and miss (especially as GB riders frequently don't target 'in between' races so performances can be lacklustre).