Group away with lead growing out

Pablo Lastras (Spain)
Christian Poos (Luxembourg)
Anthony Roux (France)
Maxim Iglinskiy (Kazakhstan)
Oleg Chuzhda (Ukraine)
Robert Kiserlovski (Croatia)
Tanel Kangert (Estonia)

Near 8 minutes at the moment. GB and Germany on the front chasing / riding tempo.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Bit worried about the number of men GB are committing to the front of the peloton at this early stage. Dont think i would have wanted to see more than two at the front but at the moment I think there are four or five. Doesnt leave much for Cav's lead out... thoughts?
  • So, we do have an alliance.
    Bert Grabsch in his familiar HTC peloton position.
    Trade team and national interests in perfect harmony.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    So, we do have an alliance.
    Bert Grabsch in his familiar HTC peloton position.
    Trade team and national interests in perfect harmony.

Why would HTC interests be served here - as they are defunct and all riders are going their separate(ish) ways? Surely the Germans are riding for Griepel?
  • cavcan wrote:
    Bit worried about the number of men GB are committing to the front of the peloton at this early stage. Dont think i would have wanted to see more than two at the front but at the moment I think there are four or five. Doesnt leave much for Cav's lead out... thoughts?

Don't think they're working very hard but yes, would rather not see GB team taking so much of the responsibility so early. A long way to go innit....
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    The Germans are riding for quite a few people. I'd say griepel is option 3
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    I've gone for Sagan at 7/1 and Canc at 19/1.

It's on the red button all day. Is it wrong to sit and watch the whole thing?
    exercise.png
  • that was a good shot looking up to the finish
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Do Dave and Sean not know about Jack Bauer and the amusing synonym?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I just counted 8 Brits at the front ! WTF? Nervous, miscalculating? You'd want Cav and G well hidden surely?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Well - at least there is a break to make things a bit more interesting.
  • greeny1
    greeny1 Posts: 106
    what time do I have to tune in to watch the last half hour?
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    i see cavendish is wearing a kask helmet?
  • Just turned on, how on earth, or why on earth, do we not have a rider in the break? That way we would not need 8 riders chasing !!! With CAv being favourite the rest can just sit in.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    lots of GB on the front but I dont think they are really hammering away, Doesnt seem like a big deal.

The Germans have a massive chance of winning this. No supraise Mr Dustbin Lid for a chainring is pulling on the front.

I really feel sorry for those that are commentating on such a race. Only so much you can say with so much air time to say it.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Just turned on, how on earth, or why on earth, do we not have a rider in the break? That way we would not need 8 riders chasing !!! With CAv being favourite the rest can just sit in.

Because Cav in a bunch sprint is a better chance than any other GB rider from a break, unless you're willing to sacrifice Wiggins, Millar, or Thomas instead of Froome and Cummings who are currently being sacrificed.
  • Anyone know of an on-line jersey guide regards the less obvious country/jersey riders?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Can't find one. Any team/colour in particular?
  • I'd put someone in the new break
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    edited September 2011
    Not sure whether the GB riders missed the break, more that they are backing Cav as a better chance than a single rider in a break. If they had a guy in the break, I guess it means they wouldn't have chase but if the break stays away it would mean that GB would be chasing thier own rider in the break which is not good. Cav is good bet in the probable sprint whereas Cummings, Wiggins or Froome winning the sprint in the break is a bigger risk.

Can't beleive there is not a course in Denmark where they don't have road furniture. Never seen road furniture in a World Champs; not a good move at all.

If you are to see a professional race then the World Champs are very good. You stay in the town, eat in the town and over a few days see the big events. Saturday and Sunday are great as the big races kick off and if you have a small portable TV then you can follow the race as you take a break for Pizza and strong Coffee as with Verona (sat by the Arena eating great food, cycling on the tv and lovely Italian waitresses.
    I've also seen it in Plouay too and that was a great weekend with a bit boozing; bad English people boozing like that!! :twisted:

-Jerry

PS- The Frome (Somerset) Cobble Wobble is on this afternoon and our guy was 2nd last year so might have to video the finish of the Worlds. :cry: not good.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • They have a couple of riders they could have put in the break. I dont think the break will stick but most DS's would want to cover such a break, It eases the team workload which is more important.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    It's about what horse they are backing. I would back Cav in the finish rather than Wiggins in any sprint whatso ever. Tricky one though. :?
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Bert pulling for Cav
  • No Bert pulling for Greipel.
    It is not about WIggins in a sprint in a break.
    All the teams know that Cav is favourite so if there is a break with no GB rider in it then the other teams will not chase, this means it is down to the Fav team ie gb to chase which will tire out Cavs leadout train. So the tactic the other teams will use is to send riders off in breaks, GB should cover them.
    We are luck at the mo the Gremans are doing so much work.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Yaaaay! Finally some action
  • Crash carnage............followed by total confusion.
    Awful production from the hosts.

Fancy Frank Schleck being involved in a crash? :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Hushovd et many others a minute down on the peloton led by GB/Sky TTT squad
  • Peloton pt 2 not looking good and dropping back. Looks like we'll have a new world champion then
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    thats my ptp up the swanny!
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    It's not that GB missed the break... I read somewhere that they had no intention of putting anyone in any breaks as they thought it would be a waste of a man... I'll see if I can find the link.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Hushovd group gap stable at 1:00 - they might get back yet