Men's Elite Race, Poll

OffTheBackAdam
OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
edited September 2011 in Pro race
Well, after a somewhat less than scintillating Women's Elite & Men's U23, how do you think the Blue Ribband event will be a re-run of Geelong?
Will we all be missing the clubrun/pub to see it from start to finnish?
Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I don't think it'll be as boring as the other races. Mainly because you can't get more boring. Gilbert, Sagan and Hushovd to go away on the last lap, Sagan to win sprint.

I reckon we'll see a lot of crashes too. The 2km before the line seem dangerous and if the boys do a few laps full tilt it could be a bit gnarly.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Mainly because you can't get more boring.
    :lol:

What we need is rain, lots of it.
  • i dont think it will be boring because surely noone other than GB will want a bunch kick with Cav being so much faster than anyone else, i think the likes of Wiggins, Miller and Thomas will be in for a very hard day
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    My fear is that there will be alliances between several nations to prevent Cav getting within sight of a bunch sprint.
  • Tusher wrote:
    My fear is that there will be alliances between several nations to prevent Cav getting within sight of a bunch sprint.

So, rather than race aggressively, you would prefer the sort of alliance we had today, where everybody agrees not to race until the final lap.
    I thought you said that was woeful.

If it comes down to a bunch sprint....................and it will, I don't see the need for an united nations alliance against Cav.
    The finishing rise has already more than evened the odds.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,691
    No Boonen = 20% less interesting for me already, long before it starts.

I wonder what the likelihood is for a crash to be the big story?
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Tusher wrote:

So, rather than race aggressively, you would prefer the sort of alliance we had today, where everybody agrees not to race until the final lap.
    I thought you said that was woeful.

If it comes down to a bunch sprint....................and it will, I don't see the need for an united nations alliance against Cav.
    The finishing rise has already more than evened the odds.

What I meant was.....today had no breakaway, apart from one effort, and I was thinking more that Cav would be blocked in to prevent him sprinting due to an alliance.
  • yaya
    yaya Posts: 411
    I voted NO because I want it to be an interesting race with a good finish. It'll also be good to see if team GB can work as a team and get Cav to the front so that he can latch on to Sagan+Thor for the final 250 metres....

But if Thor puts it in 6th gear for the last 2km and takes it then that's fine by me:-)
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Tusher said

Pity it didn't work. Ho ho ho ho ho well done world champ Cav :lol::lol::lol::lol: