Shifters:105
Cassette:105
Crankset:105
Chain:Dura ace
Bottom Bracket: Dura ace
Front Mech: Ultegra
Rear Mech:105
Wheels:Campagnolo Vento G3

I bought the frame recently for what seemed to me as a bargain price. A few buys later, and some parts removed from old bike, I ended with this. I really like the look and weight of the bike. The only problem is my position is not dialled in yet, but that will come.

What do you guys think?

6175907086_26da245a8f_b.jpg

6175378331_6e986271e4_b.jpg

Comments

• Nice bike - understated compared to a lot of newer offerings

I've got the same frame (but with Kuota forks), and Campag Centaur with Kysrium Elites, pale blue Pro Race3's and tape - I love the bike, and whenever I think of changing it cannot find anything to match for the money. Also, the wife bought it for me one Xmas so a bit of sentimental value.

I know you say the position not dialled in, but that seatpin looks VERY high?
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • I take it that's a carbon frame?

If so, how long does a carbon frame last? As I would have thought 6 years is quite a long time.
  • Nairnster wrote:
    I take it that's a carbon frame?

If so, how long does a carbon frame last? As I would have thought 6 years is quite a long time.

Yes, carbon and yes, 6 years is a long time - but I can't see how that affects a carbon bike frame? If it's not been crashed, and has no cracks from overtightening seatpost bolts etc it's not going to make any difference
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    Nairnster wrote:

not really - carbon is one of the oldest materials in the known universe - the frame is probably good for a few more millennia.....
  • Well because through use everything gets fatigued. Just wondered how long a carbon frame is meant to last based on the stresses a bike frame goes through.

That's why I was asking. I suppose they are fine provided they havent had any impacts, chips etc. Not knowing the history of a bike means I doubt I would personally buy a second hand carbon machine though.

All that said, its a nice looking bike.
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    the fatigue life of carbon fibre is way longer than steel, titanium or aluminium - it's not an issue.
  • tx14
    tx14 Posts: 244
    Nairnster wrote:
    Well because through use everything gets fatigued. Just wondered how long a carbon frame is meant to last based on the stresses a bike frame goes through.

That's why I was asking. I suppose they are fine provided they havent had any impacts, chips etc. Not knowing the history of a bike means I doubt I would personally buy a second hand carbon machine though.

All that said, its a nice looking bike.
    lots of manufacturers provide life time warranties for their carbon frame.
  • Lifetime warranty would only apply to the original purchaser in most cases, and wouldnt be applicable for damage caused by accidents affecting the structure, which is what the post you have quoted mentions.

I was only asking, and have received an answer thanks.