New trail centre in north Wales

TrailGuru
TrailGuru Posts: 53
edited September 2011 in Routes
Hi guys

Some of you might be aware of the new trail centre happening in north Wales. I managed to get an interview with the trail designers to find out the details... looks like its going to be such an epic place to ride.

Check it out - http://www.trailguru.co.uk/new-trail-ce ... orth-wales

See you there next year!!!
www.trailguru.co.uk - The ultimate guide to mountain biking in Wales

Comments

• I looked on their site and videos and pictures appear to indicate that they lay "tarmac like" trails.

5984419794_ccba11e25b_m.jpg

More dumb downed trails??
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    it says that thye've done the cwmcarn DH track and the xc final descent, both good trails :-)
  • I looked on their site and videos and pictures appear to indicate that they lay "tarmac like" trails.

5984419794_ccba11e25b_m.jpg

More dumb downed trails??

I believe Architrail have been involved in quite a bit of "accessible" trail design like Ashton Court in Bristol which is pretty far removed from the hard core natural mountain biking experience that many of us love. However, these trails do appeal massively to all the newcomers to the sport like it or not.

My impression of the new centre in north Wales is that it could be a mixture of that smoother type of trail and some pretty challenging terrain on the main DH runs. I'd say it will definitely be worth a look just to see what they come up with.
    www.trailguru.co.uk - The ultimate guide to mountain biking in Wales
  • welshkev wrote:
    it says that thye've done the cwmcarn DH track and the xc final descent, both good trails :-)

Phil Saxena designed it, but it was built by local riders inclucing Rowan Sorrell, and they would have more input of how it rides.

Archtrail seem to build 4x and pumptracks so I'm sure it'll appeal to BMX riders.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    welshkev wrote:

Phil Saxena designed it, but it was built by local riders inclucing Rowan Sorrell, and they would have more input of how it rides.

Archtrail seem to build 4x and pumptracks so I'm sure it'll appeal to BMX riders.

i stand corrected :D
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Some good stuff going on in Wales with this and the Blaenau Ffestiniog (spelt that right?) centre planned.

(Blaenau needs it for its economy! it could do with a lick of paint)