Which one should I buy?

SiPieFace
SiPieFace Posts: 6
edited September 2011 in Road beginners
I'm new to road riding and need a bike. I've read all the 'don't buy a budget bike' advice so have read up on what are the decent quality entry level bikes. I'm still on a budget though and found these 2011 spec bikes but need to spend as little as possible (as I aint got a job at the mo) and would appreciate any thoughts on which is the best value and if there's a stand out bike in this list.....

- Giant Defy 4 @ £350
- Specialized Allez (Double 16) @ £449
- Scott Speedster S50 Bike @ £489
- Trek 1.1C H2 @ £425
- Trek 1.2C H2 @ £500

Any info much appreciated.

Comments

• Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    I bought a Carerra TDF Limited from Halfords, currently £329 and I'm happy with the quality. Last months Cycling Plus recommended it for a person with a £500 budget so it can't be bad.
  • depends what you want out of it i brought a carrera virtuoso 2011 the more i got the bug the less its like a virtuoso.

I changed the forks pedals now brought some wheels and in next few months im gonna buy a carbon frame from carbon zone.

I dint think i would get the bug i like going faster and longer if your commuting buy a cheap one. If you wanna do long distance then any bike will get you there but for me the more i do the further i go.

Plus altough a little disputed i found carbon forks make for a much smoother ride!
  • I bought a Giant Defy 3.5 2010 model as old stock early this year and have been extremely happy with it. This is the second Giant I have owned and can heartily recommend them.

Whatever you buy I am sure you will enjoy it