TDF Accreditation

T.C.
T.C. Posts: 495
edited September 2011 in Tour & expedition
i've got some ideas on following the tour next year. i'm a Welsh speaking mature student,. I've contacted various sources for info on getting accreditation with no success. i've contacted cyling plus and weekly with no replies, fair play Tom Southam rapha-condor did reply. The ASO website doesn't come up with anything, can anyone help -advice cheers T.C.

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Accreditation for what?
    More problems but still living....
  • T.C.
    Media, obviously i know it's nigh on impossible to guarantee interviews etc, but Dave Brailsford is a Welsh speaker, and with geraint hopefully being there , many agree it's a good angle, i've got the support of some Welsh media outlets .
  • So do you actually work for anyone involved in the media, or is this just trying to blag some access?
  • T.C.
    Ha, long story, one plan is to follow the tour by car, do a video diary blog,yes been done before( as far as i know not in the Welsh language) i've been on works exp with a Welsh mag-website they are willing to help me, no blagging mate, a good experience and would be good to have on a CV, i'm starting my second year next week, trying to be creative, if no accreditation, i can revert back to plan b+c and still follow it.
  • I've read that back and it seems a bit harsh on my part! So are you studying media and hoping to make a project out of something you enjoy?
  • T.C.
    Yes :D i'm a mature student 48. time isn't on my side,this could be a good move... but...loads of planning
  • T.C.
    I spoke to John herety (rapha-condor( he said go for it, like i said no replies from some people , keep trying as they say
  • go to letour.fr and at the bottom of the page there are two tiny little links, which give access to (english versions):
    The TV/radio info page, including an address to contact regarding video projects:
    http://www.letour.fr/2011/TDF/COURSE/us ... adios.html
    and the media accreditation website
    https://registering.aso.fr/?page=verifR ... nt&lang=en
  • T.C.
    Cheers , got that.