first pinarello owners wept now its time for cervelo owners

explosifpete
explosifpete Posts: 1,327
edited September 2011 in The bottom bracket
There must of been some pretty put out guy on pinarello dogmas thinking they had joined a little exclusive club where poor people dare not enter when all of a sudden ebay if full of rip off
chinarellos...
Oh how the cervelos owners laughed at them........ Until now

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S3-Road-Race- ... 3273wt_952

Comments

• Q. What is the difference Between an O.E.M and an original Frame?

A. Visually- the S3 frameset is identical to the original.

A coat of carbon fibre and a months worth of Shanghai Daily News inside.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    not far from me. might go take a look. Funny thing is, you could get quite a similar frame for a lot less money.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • It would be interesting (maybe a little pricey) to get a oem frame and a genuine frame and have them tested to see the difference in them
  • Why are they stickered up as cervelo/pinarello ? when he clearly says pinarello use a different carbon.

I am a little confused, probably the codeine haze. Are these genuine branded bikes sourced direct from factory or made using the same moulds with a different grade carbon and then stickered up.

Seems odd that ebay would allow them to be sold if they weren't genuine
    Focus Cayo Pro
    Cotic Soul custom
    Merida Cross 4
    Planet X Dirty Disco custom cyclocross
    Tern D8 clown bike
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    It would be interesting (maybe a little pricey) to get a oem frame and a genuine frame and have them tested to see the difference in them

TBH at that price I'd be tempted to just buy the real deal and take the warranty etc.

£400 on a 'cheap' carbon import might be worth a punt but £900? really? OEM or not theres no comeback.

I for one would also like to know the differences in the OEM and the original.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    There have been these supposed cervelo frames on there for a while now,

yesterday i saw a OEM ribble frame!
  • GoldenBear
    GoldenBear Posts: 120
    edited September 2011
  • Best bit of that advert:
    This Pinarello Style OEM Frameset is a Visually Stunning Piece of Engineering.

Yes I did scroll back up to check it was a fake Cervelo being sold...
  • I wonder if eBay are ever going to do something about the increasing number of Chinese rip-offs that are being sold on there?
    It seems that anything you're looking for can be bought 'direct from the manufacturer' for loads less than the genuine thing.
  • The term OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer, so strictly speaking the factory that is knocking these out might be the Original Equipment Manufacturer, just that these are being made to a different spec to genuine Pinarello's. Still a rip off, still not the genuine article but factually correct.
  • I wonder how long it'll stay up, now that Cervello's legals know about it?
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • benjboy
    benjboy Posts: 258
    Been pulled..... :shock: ......
    Keep the chain tight all the way.
  • Not surprising is it?
    A counterfeit frame.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.