Orange Track Bikes

Chris McG
Chris McG Posts: 189
edited October 2011 in Track
I'm looking for a new track bike in orange... I have no idea why I want that colour, I just do. :P

Does anyone know if there are any on sale now or will be in 2012?
(Btw no fuji track classics as they're crap :lol: )

-Chris
"Orbea, Bianchi, Ridley, Van Nicholas, Planet X, Niner. My Euro-bike menagerie was going well up to the last 2..."

Comments

• PhilPub
    PhilPub Posts: 229
    Orange is a cracking colour for a bike. Not that I've got one, my track bike is boring old black and white. Can't help out with new models I'm afraid - Orbea?? - but this is an absolute beauty...

de_rosa_pista_1975_02.jpg

http://bikeadelic.blogspot.com/2011/08/de-rosa-pista-italy-1975.html
  • Nice retro bike, and yes it looks great, but maybe not so good for racing on compared to a more modern bike? :)
    "Orbea, Bianchi, Ridley, Van Nicholas, Planet X, Niner. My Euro-bike menagerie was going well up to the last 2..."
  • Many good racers race on old style alu or steel frames so dont knock it :D Its the legs that count, more so on track.
  • dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    Many good racers race on old style alu or steel frames so dont knock it :D Its the legs that count, more so on track.

says the man with a cracking looking, presumeably carbon aero track bike recently posted a picture of it man :)

But the sentiments are correct :)
  • Aha yes but thats for pursuit not bunh race, I race on this bike at Welwyn and also used at newport:
    DSCF2479.jpg
  • Very nice. I don't mean to knock steel frames, but most frames being sold new are in steel to save money, not for the ride quality. I like the older frames, but I'm looking for a NEW bike :P if you get what I mean...
  • PhilPub
    Aha yes but thats for pursuit not bunh race, I race on this bike at Welwyn and also used at newport:

Nice!
  • Orbea Lobular from winstanleys
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Koga Miyata do orange bikes - they've got an aluminium one and a carbon one.

Full Pro - Alu

Kimera - Carbon

(their website is down for maintenance at the moment)
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    The only one I can think of is the Koga Full Pro frame. That was available in orange and white but you'll either have to find old stock or 2nd hand - it hasn't been available in orange for a year or two.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • I knew about the full pro; I can't find any more available...

As for the lobular, the winstanleys page has a 404 error so I guess theyve all been sold :(
  • Dolan has a custom color option. Orange should be no problem.

http://www.dolan-bikes.com/dunique_forza.html
  • Ooooh, really? :D Might have to have a look...
  • PhilPub
    The Seta looks nice in orange/white/black.

You're giving me ideas now. :wink:
  • PhilPub wrote:
    The Seta looks nice in orange/white/black.

You're giving me ideas now. :wink:

I thought that :)
  • Pokerface wrote:

It's a bit expensive, but I love how this bike looks! Too bad my budget can't stretch that far :(
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Many good racers race on old style alu or steel frames so dont knock it :D Its the legs that count, more so on track.

Fully agree with you, I have a Giant Omnium equipped with Pro-Lite tubs and it really is a lovely bike, so much so that I also do TT's with it, but it's Aluminium, so a little harsh.

In comparison I have just finished restoring a Geoffrey Butler Steel Track which is quipped with original immaculate Campag wheels and Chainset, I have authentic Cinelli Bars & Quill stem and it runs old Wobler Tubs, this bike is just awesome in comparison, it rides so smooth and when you get out of the saddle to sprint you feel like you can just keep going on and on.

Weight is 7.7Kgs which is comparable to my Giant, don't ignore steel, it really is that good.
  • Chris McG
    Chris McG Posts: 189
    I guess I'm just prejudiced from riding a crappy steel frame at the moment :lol:
  • PhilPub
    Velonutter wrote:
    In comparison I have just finished restoring a Geoffrey Butler Steel Track which is quipped with original immaculate Campag wheels and Chainset, I have authentic Cinelli Bars & Quill stem and it runs old Wobler Tubs, this bike is just awesome in comparison, it rides so smooth and when you get out of the saddle to sprint you feel like you can just keep going on and on.

That sounds lovely.

I used to race on a Geoffrey Butler track bike as a schoolboy. It's still sitting in my dad's shed with a knackered seat post. Should probably get it running again really.