Bottecchia bikes - any good?

tjdixon911
tjdixon911 Posts: 110
edited September 2011 in Road buying advice
Had a look at one earlier, was a good looking bike but I cant find any reviews.

Looking at a duello for about £750 or should I be looking at something else?

Comments

• At the time of Coppi and Bartali, Bottecchia was one of the leading manufacturers of bicycle frames... the history is there... what it means these days is very little... they're probably manufactured in Taiwan together with the Boardmans and the Carreras and all the others and the quality will be similar.

Best to go with whoever offers you the best service if your frame breaks down... in that price range, I would look at Ribble, Planet X and the likes
    left the forum March 2023
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    I've got a Bottecchia 8tavio frame. Very aggressive, very stiff and currently hanging in the shed unused following a couple of years use and a decision to move to steel.

In terms of build quality, it's right up there and looks very bling indeed when dressed up. I understand that the high end frames are still made in Italy (and mine says that on the frame), but that shouldn't worry you too much anyway.

To be honest, I wouldn't buy another - but it's a good frame for the money, when you compare it to the likes of Pinarellos, Cervelos and Colnagos. When compared to Planet-X, Boardman and the like, I'm not so sure.