LEJOG ride finished

pompy
pompy Posts: 127
edited September 2011 in Tour & expedition
Hi all,

I finished my LEJOG ride last friday and have just updated my blog:

http://lejogononegear.blogspot.com/

While planning my trip, I found lots of good advice on this site so please feel free to ask me anything!

Comments

• bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    congratulations - especially on a single speed!

look forward to reading your blog in more detail as well.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    Congratulations, and I agree with all your points in your final thoughts - very well put. Obviously with the exception of doing it on a single speed :D
  • Fantastic blog Mark and that's seriously impressive stats on a SS.

Have been wanting to do LEJOG for a while and this has reminded me why (despite your observations about my home town! Which lots of people make when they do LEJOG :lol: ).

What's your justgiving address...?

Al

What a great ride, would love to take my Pompino on something like that one day .... !
  • pompy
    pompy Posts: 127
    Thanks for all the kind words! Pastasauce, just go for it. SSpeeds are always marketed as for short, flat commutes but I don't see why they can't be used for touring. Apart from 2 punctures, I had no mechanical issues (apart from creaking BB!) so in that sense they are better.

Popularname, my webpage is:

http://www.justgiving.com/marks2011lejog

Sorry about what I said too! I have been into the city before and it is actually a lovely city!
  • Done!
    That's brilliant! Thankyou very much x
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    Single speed?! Chapeau!

Your final thoughts are pretty similar to those I had - great blog, thank you for putting the effort into writing it and getting it up there.
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)