Scott Foil 20

Uncleiven
Uncleiven Posts: 150
edited June 2013 in Your road bikes
Well my longly awaited Scott Foil 20 arrived today and what can I say, it is unbelievable.
It ouses quality and the ride, well that is just outstanding.

I have upgraded to Carbone SL wheels and the saddle is a Fixiz Arione CX Carbon Braded.

Here are a few pics.

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

Just wish we weren't approaching winter!

Comments

• That is one nice looking bike. I would be too scared to take it out on the roads.

You must have been like a child on christmas morning when the box was delivered.
    Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Comp
    Carrera Subway Hybrid
  • Cheers mate.

Yes I was, I nearly assaulted the driver when he turned up ;)
  • Like it 8)
  • major contender for nicest bike on the boards. jealous as a frog
  • Why the aero frame but a shed load of spacers?...
  • GoldenBear wrote:
    Why the aero frame but a shed load of spacers?...

Perhaps its so he can make adjustments to his riding position. Easier (and actually possible) to cut the steerer shorter, than to make it longer.

Lovely looking bike, where did you get it from? TriUk?

Either way, very nice. How long does a matt finish stay looking good for? Anyone know if you have to clean it differently to a gloss finish?
  • great looking bike

like you say ashame you aquired such a beauty so late in the year their will good days before christmas that need taking

have fun
  • Cheers for all the comments :)

I got the bike from Epic cycles, great bunch of guys there!
  • Stunner!
  • Get out there and ride it. Then you can either confirm or deny how harsh the ride is!!!! what bike have you changed from?

I have to admit i do like the Foil. looks gorgeous.
  • I have ridden it lol, and it rides well :)
  • @Nairnster matt finishes are terrible to keep clean; my MTB has a matt finish and almost always looks dirty even if its been cleaned yesterday. :(

oh nice bike, but where's the DI2 and Zipps? :P :lol:
    "Orbea, Bianchi, Ridley, Van Nicholas, Planet X, Niner. My Euro-bike menagerie was going well up to the last 2..."
  • So what do you recommend to use when it comes to cleaning the matt finish?

Di2 may make an appearance in the near future.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Bloody hell that's nice.

I was 100% happy with my Scott Addict till I saw this. (Still 95% happy with my bike, but good that looks good, I do want one).

Quality of the frame was the reason I brought my Scott and the mat black finish looks even better in the flesh.
  • Best thing for cleaning a matt finish is wiping down with wet paper towels then drying it with more (dry) paper towels Takes a bit longer than the hose but its worth it for a bike like that :)
    "Orbea, Bianchi, Ridley, Van Nicholas, Planet X, Niner. My Euro-bike menagerie was going well up to the last 2..."
  • Does it have to be paper towels or will a micro fibre cloth do the same?

Cheers again for all the comments :)
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    Hey mate that bike looks amazing, you must be really happy with it. The nicest bikes I have seen on here have been the Cento Uno's (being a Wilier owner myself I have always dreamed of having one) but this bike tops them all!!
  • Cheers mate :)
  • That is once nice looking bike 8)
    Cube Agree GTC Race 2011
    Trek 6300 hardtail 2009
  • Just taken it out for a quick 20 miles and my god it rides well. Its very solid and smooth and it doesn't half fly along!

I also love the buzz/hum from the Carbone SL's!

Really can't smile wide enough :)
  • Saw one of these today at a lbs while I was looking for some clothing. It looks even better in the flesh and I love the the matt finish. Unfortunately my missus saw it too (and how much it costs) so no chance of me getting one.
    Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Comp
    Carrera Subway Hybrid
  • Cheers mate.

Yes it does, the pictures dont really do it justice!

Haha, just get one and say it was on offer ;)
  • Cheers mate.

Yes it does, the pictures dont really do it justice!

Haha, just get one and say it was on offer ;)
  • Almost anything similar to paper towels or cloth is fine, but the important part is the drying so you don't get horrible watermarks....
  • Well I had to wash it before as it was pretty dirty after a 40 miler today.

It actually cleaned up very easily, I had to use water and muc off due to the dirt stuck to it but it dries very easily and didn't leave any watermarks!

Also, the bike was immense over the 40 miles, made climbs that I normal have to push on very easy, it just flies up them!
  • Maybe it's a different matt finish to the one on my bike then :P

Good to hear it rides well too; top end bikes like that always seem a world apart from lower models :wink:
  • Crimmey
    Crimmey Posts: 207
    Gorgeous, noticed you took delivery just in time for winter :) Don't make my mistake and wait for sunshine to bring 'the best' out for a ride or it becomes an expensive ornament/clothes horse.
  • Yeah it was one of them, get it now or wait until next year, I don't like waiting so!!! lol

It will be getting used but I will draw the line on the type of conditions it will be getting taken out in. I have a trainer already for the really bad days!
  • That's proper sexy with the matte black paint, really nice bike!
  • I take my 'best' bike out all the time in winter- I haven't got a winter bike. It's there to be ridden so why not ride it :D