My Wilier Cento Uno 'Best Bike'

thegreatdivide
thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
edited October 2011 in Your road bikes
Took a quick mobile pic on the way home yesterday. Not the best quality but it'll do until I can get some better ones taken.

imag0034z.jpg

Frame: 2010 Wilier Cento Uno
Frame Size: 52.4cm
Seat Post: Ritchey WCS Stubby (50mm with 25mm offset)
Headset: Ritchey WCS Carbon Drop-In Integrated
Stem: Ritchey WCS 4-Axis Carbon Matrix Stem (110mm)
Bars: Ritchey EvoCurve in Wet Black (44cm)
Bar Tape: Fizik Microtex + Gel
Groupset: 2011 Campagnolo Super Record
Cranks: 170mm
Chainring: Compact 34/50
Cassette: 12/27
Pedals: Look Keo 2 Max Carbon
Seat: San Marco Regal E
Wheels: 2011 Fulcrum Racing Zero Two-Way-Fit
Tyres: Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX
Cages: 2 x Tacx Tao

Weight: I stupidly forgot to weigh all of the parts before taking it to get built (OK I was hung over and I forgot) but it’s probably around the 6.5kg mark.

Other info: The bike was expertly put together by Chris @ Escape Route in Pitlochry. He really did an amazing job. It rides like a dream and of course I think it looks like a dream :D

Comments

• Lucky kid whoever owns that! That's better than most adult bikes.
  • GoldenBear wrote:
    Lucky kid whoever owns that! That's better than most adult bikes.

Dont understand this comment at all. Who said its for a kid?
  • Nairnster wrote:
    GoldenBear wrote:

Dont understand this comment at all. Who said its for a kid?

It's a size thing.
  • I did see it was a small frame.

However, I am intelligent enough to realise that adults can be different heights, without the need to make stupid comments.

Its a nice looking bike thats for sure. Have to say the only thing I dont like is the red lever hoods.
  • Nairnster wrote:
    I did see it was a small frame.

However, I am intelligent enough to realise that adults can be different heights, without the need to make stupid comments.

Its a nice looking bike thats for sure. Have to say the only thing I dont like is the red lever hoods.
    Jealousy makes people do strange things :roll: . Nice bike even in small :wink:
  • Are you sure the frame wasn't further away than the rest of the bike in this photo?
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    GoldenBear wrote:
    GoldenBear wrote:
    Are you sure the frame wasn't further away than the rest of the bike in this photo?

amateur trolling at its worst....I don't understand why you're trying to upset the owner in this way - the bike looks good and there is certainly nothing unusual about the size...
  • Or maybe they are just light hearted digs, the bike is obviously excellent...
  • GoldenBear wrote:
    Or maybe they are just light hearted digs, the bike is obviously excellent...

What he said. Plus he's now realised that maybe he shouldn't have bought that R3 :lol:

The Cento Uno is renowned for its compact frame and short head tube. Anyway, if it's good enough for Cunego and Simoni it's more than good enough for me. A lot more!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    looks good to me, whatever the size :)
  • leech
    leech Posts: 77
    Very nice. What do you think of the Fulcrum Racing 0's?
  • Cheers Leech.

I have 3's on my other bike and I can really feel the difference between the two. Apart from the obvious weight loss, they're just so bloody super smooth and pick up an amazing speed downhill. I'm not a heavy bloke so going uphill is OK, but I always got blitzed by the bigger boys coming down the other side. Not now. Also Zeros with Open Corsa Evo CX are IMO a perfect ride combo. There's also the bling factor (the most important factor ;-)) I never get to see this but my mates tell me that when they're spinning fast and they catch the light they look amazing!
  • Very nice, I do like the look of Wilier's. Just a shame I fellout with the only local stockist or I would have tried one.

How do you find the Zero's? They're on my shortlist for a wheel upgrade next year.
  • How do you find the Zero's? They're on my shortlist for a wheel upgrade next year.

See post above. They rock. :lol:
  • c0ugars
    c0ugars Posts: 202
    The wheels really set it off, and they are just the wheels that i have been looking at buying.
  • How do you find the Zero's? They're on my shortlist for a wheel upgrade next year.

See post above. They rock. :lol:
    Doh! That will teach me to 'read the f--king thread' lol.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Great frames, love the feel of a Cento Uno, well and very solid. Nice one.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    nice bike - but I would say that with Wiler No3 on order! - perhaps i should post the Z7 when it arrives?
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2