Scott CR1 Comp (woodcutters son) ready for Cardiff to Paris

gwillis
gwillis Posts: 998
edited October 2011 in Your road bikes
Scott CR1 Comp won a while back in a cycling plus comp. Over the past 18 months the bike had been upgraded

Campagnolo Athena groupset
3T Ergonova bars
3T Stem
Fizik Aliante saddle
Kinetic K1 wheels
Mitchelin Pro Race 3 tyres
Elite bottle cages
Shimano 105 spd's
Garmin 705

Next on the list is a 3T seat post and I cant see anything else being needed. Bike is being used to cycle from cardiff to paris next week

6150639093_747f5247ae_z.jpg

6151324728_0fefb7e46f_z.jpg

6151329828_20b04267d3_z.jpg

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    you haven't done the pic correctly, but after a copy & paste into the browser - I have seen a great looking bike!
  • gwillis
    cheers what am i doing wrong?
  • tx14
    tx14 Posts: 244
    gwillis wrote:
    cheers what am i doing wrong?
    you need the link for the pic not the webpage the pic is displayed on.
    6150639093_747f5247ae.jpg
  • pic looks fine to me, but dunno if it was fixed already... nice bike! but are you really cycling that far on those michelins? apparently they cut up really easily? the decals on the wheels make the bike a bit messy from the yellow and black tbh, but still looks coooool :)
  • gwillis
    yes pic all sorted, wasnt sure about the rubber, I was toying with gatorskins. The wheels were on another bike and when I buy my next set of kinetics ill go for black but until then ill use these.

Slightly concerned about my choice of rubber now?
  • Been riding PR2/3s for years summer and winter and they last well and hardly ever punc***e for me. Don't fret.
  • my comment was only based on hearsay. apologies if i've really worried you :lol:
    i was having the ultremo/grand prix/PR3 debate a few months ago, and the cutting up story came up very often. ahh well
  • gwillis
    No worries I swopped out ultremos and won't go back too them as they didn't last to well. The bike is pretty much as I want it now. I don't think anything will make me faster orclimb better other than training harder and dragging my sorry arse up a few more hills, i love the bike and it does everything I need

Cheers
  • lovely bike!! i want it :P
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • looks really good, cracking competion win!
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • gwillis
    Thankyou for the comments . I won the bike last year along with a trip to Switzerland that unfortunatley never came off. Scott arranged the bike via Epic (top dealer). Eventually Scott sent me some bibs, shoes and jersey and I have no reason to complain given it was a competition and I was lucky enough to win it in the first place . The bike is great I've no complaints and would recommend kinetic one wheels as a good allrounder
  • domhopson
    domhopson Posts: 259
    What size is this frame? Just been looking at your Kenesis and trying to see what size I'd need as I have a CR1 as well
  • gwillis
    Frame is a small (53) I'm 5ft 8 and went for a 51cm in the kinesis . I'm not quite comfy on it yet but with a few alterations will get there . If you need anything else PM no probs
  • domhopson
    domhopson Posts: 259
    Thankyou... I'll go for a 54 then.