LBS in Bristol

Barrzy257
Barrzy257 Posts: 411
edited September 2011 in Road beginners
I snapped my first spoke on my bike on Sunday, I use pro-lite como clinchers, was wondering if anyone could recommend a gd LBS to be to do the job? I live up by cribbs causeway, cheers people

Comments

• craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    Locally there's the Giant shop in Bradley Stoke, the chaps in there seem to know their stuff. There's also the one at Filton above Snow & Rock - Cyclesurgery is it? That has a workshop as well. Or there's a Halfords in Cribbs. :-)

I'd go to the Giant shop, they've helped me out a few times in the past.

Alternatively get some spokes fro SJS Cycles and fit a replacment yourself.
  • Barrzy257
    Barrzy257 Posts: 411
    Cheers, I was thinking the giant store as there pretty good guys. Just wanted to see if anyone else had any other recommendations! And as for doing it myself, no thanks! I hate relaxing wheels, bores the life out of me!!
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    Take it to Bike Uk on the top of Park street mate. Good bunch of lads there who know what their doing and it will get sorted quickly too. Number 0117 9293500

Theres also Strada in Southville,but id imagine it would cost a bit more than the shop above.
  • +1 for Bike if you can be bothered to bring the wheel into town (also Bike Workshop on Colston Street are good).
  • dodgerdog
    dodgerdog Posts: 292
    Fred Baker down in Stokes Groft
    Allez Triple (hairy with mudguards) - FCN 4
    Ribble Gran Fondo
  • Bad ass bikes ,it's a bit outside Bristol situated in burrington combe,top shop great service
  • The Triathlon Shop in Bristol, right by temple meads station, Really quick turnaround, cytech level 3 mechanic and good prices. Bike UK are also damn good but have a waiting list to back that up!
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    edited September 2011
    How about...

Bike Science Bristol :
    http://www.bike-science.com/our-bikes/p ... 9_360.html
    Simon
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Giant is def the best option IMO if you live by Cribbs, I've had them replace a spoke on an MTB wheel, took a few days as they had to order it in specially. Booked my road bike in for a service a couple of week ago to (inc. truing a wheel), only had to wait 3 days before they could take the bike, dropped it in at 5pm and it was ready at 2pm the next day and can't fault what they've done (I normally service my own stuff but had a ripped of rear mech and it wasn't quite right after so wanted a second opinion :P )