Hayfield/Rushup Edge/Jacobs Ladder - Advice

compo
compo Posts: 1,370
edited September 2011 in Routes
Going to do the classic ride from Hayfield - Rushup Edge - Edale - Jacobs Ladder - Hayfield on Thursday. We are doing it anti clockwise, as in hte latest MBUK.

Any warnings, advice? I was just wondering what the conditions under tyre would be after all this damp weather?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Vally7
    Vally7 Posts: 120
    You really want to do it clock wise -it is a much better ride and coming down Jacobs ladder is a lot easier than going up it. I've done it both ways and would always do clockwise from now on.

Most of ride will be fine -more rocky and stoney than muddy. Climb to rushups edge might be a bit muddy/oeaty.
  • compo
    So from Hayfield go to Jacob's ladder and then decend into edale. Then climb up the side of Mam Tor and onto the top of Rushup Edge and then head for Roych Clough?
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    compo wrote:
    So from Hayfield go to Jacob's ladder and then decend into edale. Then climb up the side of Mam Tor and onto the top of Rushup Edge and then head for Roych Clough?
    Yes.
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Yep, definitely!!! Rushup, Roych and Jacobs are fantastic descents and tricky as well, I cannot see where there is any fun to be had doing it the way the mag sends you.
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • compo
    Having ridden it today I agree, the mag's way is just stupid