dalby red/black?

woodenman
woodenman Posts: 60
edited September 2011 in Routes
Hi there guys, me and a pal rode dalby red route on sunday and i must say we enjoyed the ride loads. Although we were both shattered as were not in super shape! we found a good mix of trail there and will defo go back.
I cant help wondering though that we missed a lot of really good trail by not riding any black route, we did ride around dixons hollow and a small section of north shore but am thinking of going back up and just doing all black and maybe a bit of red.
I ride a hardtail carrera fury 08 and mates boardman team ht can the bikes handle the black? Is it also worth the trip back for the black route?
cheers :)

Comments

• Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Yes and yes.

Whether you can handle the black / WC route is another matter ;)
  • Oh dear this could open up the great dalby debate!!!!!

If you enjoyed the red then you'll enjoy the black, theres nothing much harder then the red and the bits that are can easily be rolled or easier lines took!!

The black isn't very long, so first time if your unsure 1st lap take it easy and check out the 'obstacles' and second lap best foot forward and have fun. IMO for a good ride it needs looping in with bits of the red/wc course.

More times you go the better route you'll make for yourself.

Regards to worth the trip, horses for courses really, I try and ride 2-3 times a week and I'm only 20mins away from dalby but rarely ride it, and if i do its a mix of red/black and unmarked stuff and full red once a year to compare fitness!!! :oops:

It's about whatever puts a smile on your face.

Have fun.
  • I made the 500 miles trip to Dalby in July, and enjoyed it. As i was going to Inners/Glentress too I took my DH and 5. After spending a day at dalby doing everything I could in the time, I think the HT would be a better bike for there.So thats what I'll take next time:-)
    2011 Orange 224 evo race
    2009 Orange 5 pro
    2008 Scott Scale 30
    2002 S-works m5 fsr
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    I was there Sunday did the black and messed around at Dixon Hollow till around 1:30pm. I was on a bronze giant reign.

I think I passed you on a section of the red as I did the drop in on the black section.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • Yes mancity i think i vaguely remember ya, think i will park up at dixons hollow and do the black and/or wc route if i can stay on the right track!! hopefully get a bit of red in if i still got the energy lol