New Cyclo Cross season has started!!!!!

MikeWW
MikeWW Posts: 723
edited September 2011 in Amateur race
The West Mids Cyclo Cross League kicked off yesterday at Pitcher Oak, Redditch
Fantastic fun-although I had forgotten how much it hurts.
My first cross race since Feb 10 due to a mountain bike injury so a little bit rusty. Avoided been lapped by my son,just who took the win in the Juniors and the race overall. Not sure where I was in the vets but definitely room for improvement
Good to see Beacon Ruth out racing as well
Roll on next week :D
How did everyone else get on?

Comments

• BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    Congratulations to Alex, Mike. I had no idea who the leader was so he must have lapped me on his last lap and I ended up not getting the bell............. always frustrating when you see the chequered flag when you're not expecting it. 7/10 for my fitness, 1/10 for my ability to ride a bike over tricky terrain, tree roots and single-track. Roll on the nice easy courses!

Ruth
  • MikeWW
    Cheers Ruth
    You were climbing well-if you get some brakes I think the descending will improve as well
    Alex is now riding for Cycle Shack/Forme Coaching so new kit and new bikes
    He's had 2 races for them 1 road and 1 cross. 2 wins so not a bad start :D

Shrewsbury Sunday which is a flattish course then its our local one at Cannock the week after :D
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    2 wins in 2 races! I bet they're glad they signed him! I take it you're doing all the National Trophies with Alex?

Some decent brakes are going to help somewhat - feeling very sheepish that it took my clubmate to point out how bad they were............... I thought it was just me!

Shrewsbury next week will suit me a bit better - I know the course as I did one of the summer series there. But the week after that it's the Three Peaks................ gulp.

Ruth
  • MikeWW
    Yes
    We are both doing the National Series and I think my younger lad is as well. First proper season of cross for him and he got 3rd in Youths on Sunday so hope he will do OK
    Good luck with the 3 peaks. Fancied ago myself until I found out how tough it was :shock:
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    Congratulations to Alex, Mike. I had no idea who the leader was so he must have lapped me on his last lap and I ended up not getting the bell............. always an unexpected pleasure when you see the chequered flag when you're not expecting it. 7/10 for my fitness, 1/10 for my ability to ride a bike over tricky terrain, tree roots and single-track. Roll on the nice easy courses!

Ruth

FTFY