Great quotes from Pro Riders

2»

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    The team manager who expressed surprised at accusations of drug-taking in the TdF:

"You don't so something like this on lettuce leaves and fizzy water"
  • "I can't believe I ate the whole thing"

Jan Ullrich

(probably...)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,681
    I like this Boonen one, but only as the (poor) English translation:
    “I was unable to move up one gear but I still managed to keep pedaling and win that great sprint as you all saw.”
  • "...they plowed a dirt road, flew over it with a helicopter, and then just dropped a bunch of rocks out of the helicopter! That's Paris–Roubaix. It's that bad - it's ridiculous." - Chris Horner
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Just found this

I never want to abandon my bike. I see my grandfather, now in his seventies and riding around everywhere. To me that is beautiful. And the bike must always remain a part of my life.” – Stephen Roche.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    and this

Sean Kelly is met by his wife after a the ’84 Amstel Gold Race and they get in his Citroen AX: “Ah, Sean” says his beloved wife, “in your life the car comes first, then the bike, then me.” “You got the order wrong,” Kelly scowls, “the bike comes first.”
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • prb007
    prb007 Posts: 703
    "...they plowed a dirt road, flew over it with a helicopter, and then just dropped a bunch of rocks out of the helicopter! That's Paris–Roubaix. It's that bad - it's ridiculous." - Chris Horner

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

this one just about fits in here, even though its' from the MTB world,
    Rob Warner is an ex-pro, after all..

'HOW DOES DANNY HART SIT DOWN WITH BALLS THAT BIG!!!'

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Danny-Hart-2011.html

19 years old and a World Champion, ffs :o
    If Wales was flattened out, it'd be bigger than England!
    Planet X Ti Sportive for Sportives & tours
    Orange Alpine 160 for Afan,Alps & dodging trees
    Singlespeed Planet X Kaffenback for dodging potholes
    An On-One Inbred for hard-tail shenanigans...
  • Yossie, are you busy screwing a silencer onto a sniper rifle as we speak? Sound like you got an unhealthy obsession here, fella!
  • "I get paid to hurt other people. How good is that? How good is that? I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, that's good." Jens Voigt
  • "Training is like fighting a gorilla; you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired" - Greg Henderson

Don't get it.

You stop, you get beaten. You don't stop, you beat it. That's how I read it anyway.
  • I just remembered one on the way to work.

When Robert Millar was asked what the first week of the TDF was all about, he said "wearing out a set of brake blocks a day and learning to swear in lots of different languages."
  • It's a circus, and I don't want to be one of the clowns." - Chris Boardman (Speaking before the start on British Eurosport)

speaking about paris roubaix