My Rigid Single Speed Hardrock

BazzokaJoe
BazzokaJoe Posts: 38
edited September 2011 in Your mountain bikes
PICT0008.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

My first real bike, got it brand new about 5 years ago and its been great. now my winter and muddy bike, as i don't like getting my genesis filthy... plus this is easier to clean ;) excuse the mud please, as just before a clean :P

Running DMR cranks with a single speed setup (36/16) with Carbon forks from exotic, along with maxxis high rollers...

So... what you guys think?

Comments

• hucking_fell
    hucking_fell Posts: 1,056
    Should ride nice. I ran my hardtail singlespeed 36T/16T and it was spot on for commuting and all but the steepest bits of trail centres :D

I found that light, fast rolling tyres made a big difference and would have liked a rigid carbon fork but didn't get around to it.
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • BazzokaJoe
    i like the large carcass of the High rollers, makes it feel like i'm riding a FS :P

But yea, if i was commuting on this i'm sure i would rather faster rolling tires, But this bike is all about being used in all conditions... and improving my fitness ;)
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Nice..never tried a SS....then again I get cream crackered tackling hills with 30 of the buggers !!
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    liking the colour co-ordinated bike stand !

top bike !
  • BazzokaJoe
    haha,

Reduce reuse recycle! ;)

I was surprised... the ss isnt that much different... its more of an experience each time i cycle, as you have nothing to concentrate on other than riding and enjoying it :P

No forks to lock and unlock... no gears to shift and worry about the chain skipping going up hills.... plus you'll be amazed at how close you get to deer and birds out on the trails... this runs almost silently (no cable to knock together, very little click from the free-wheel, no chain slap)

If you have room for another bike... i highly recommend a rigid single speed :D
  • Second BazzokaJoe re SS.
    I have a rigid singlespeed - an old crmo Specialized Hardrock. Presently my fav bike, and i have several. Commute on it on slicks. I whizzes along :D
  • i love mine too :)

slowly working down the number of teeth on the back end :D

currently running 34t - 14t

its tough going... but my thighs and calfs are getting HUGE
  • My hardrock is singlespeed now. Thinking of going rigid as well, looks like fun & ideal for winter.