2011 Raid Alpine - Stage 2 Video

Porkyboy
Porkyboy Posts: 433
edited September 2011 in The bottom bracket
Hi

Just uploaded some video from my recent trip, this was stage 2. Can be viewed in HD at 720p and 1080p as well as the usual resolutions, looks decent even in full screen mode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nYOov_DPuY&hd=1

Cheers,

Q

Comments

• Top job :) Next year Alps for me (hopefully)
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2
  • Porkyboy
    Top job :) Next year Alps for me (hopefully)

Good for you, hope you have a fab time.

Q
  • Nice vids, reminds me of the very supported touring trips I've done on the alps. Not sure about the choice of music though...

:D
  • Porkyboy
    Nice vids, reminds me of the very supported touring trips I've done on the alps. Not sure about the choice of music though... :D

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the video. Can't please everyone with the music, all down to personal preference in the end, bagpipes maybe? :shock:

Q
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    Good stuff. Did the same route may years ago. I think it gets better every day.
  • Hi

If anyone fancies a browse I've just uploaded video and stills from stage three which included the highest col of the route, the Col De L'Iseran.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgD1CkDm4MU

Cheers,

Q
  • Wow that looks a great trip. Might just have to look at doing something like this myself next year!!

By the way - cracking footage. What camera are you using there and how is it mounted? Looks helmet mounted but so stable
  • Hi W-P

Thanks, the camera is a Contour GPS and it's helmet mounted using the standard Contour vented helmet mount.

Cheers,

Q
    Wow that looks a great trip. Might just have to look at doing something like this myself next year!!

By the way - cracking footage. What camera are you using there and how is it mounted? Looks helmet mounted but so stable
  • Thanks for sharing that P_B. I may have to look at getting a camera shortly. I've bookmarked that one now anyway. The quality really does look amazing!!
  • Hi

Thanks. If I was buying now I'd not buy the GPS version as I never use the GPS. I'd buy the Contour HD 1080p model which can currently be had for around £209, I can't afford/justify the Contour+ at a whopping £500 but I'd love to try one if they would let me!

The GoPro is very good too, they all have their +ves and -ves, personal choice in the end depending on how you plan to use one.

Cheers,

Q
    Thanks for sharing that P_B. I may have to look at getting a camera shortly. I've bookmarked that one now anyway. The quality really does look amazing!!
  • Thanks again mate. Think you've convinced me what I need for Xmas anyway - just need to find someone to buy it for me!!
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    Thanks. If I was buying now I'd not buy the GPS version as I never use the GPS. I'd buy the Contour HD 1080p model which can currently be had for around £209, I can't afford/justify the Contour+ at a whopping £500 but I'd love to try one if they would let me!

Amazon doing 1080 at £149 as I too am looking at Xmas pressies :)