Rugby World Cup

Alain Quay
Alain Quay Posts: 534
edited September 2011 in The bottom bracket
is coming...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIMxTZr5mnY

My bold prediction: Australia or New Zealand or England or
France or South Africa to win it, and Samoa to scare a few NH teams.

Comments

• desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    My bold prediction: Wales to lose three group games and get dumped out in the first round.

What is going on with that group :shock: ?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    DesWeller wrote:
    My bold prediction: Wales to lose three group games and get dumped out in the first round.

I can't see them losing to Fiji and Samoa (at least not in the same Tournament). Wales are playing OK at the moment.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Looking forward to it although really can't see England winning it...will happily be proved wrong! Always feels a bit strange watching rugby at 7am, or is that just me?! Domestic leagues start this weekend too.
  • Mozza1
    Mozza1 Posts: 128
    Be really pleased if Wales do lose 3 group games & get dumped out. Would serve them right for behaving like they'd won the world cup when they beat England the other week!
    Prediction? England to reach the Semi's.........unlike the rest of the English speaking contingent from the NH.
  • desweller
    RichN95 wrote:
    DesWeller wrote:

I can't see them losing to Fiji and Samoa (at least not in the same Tournament). Wales are playing OK at the moment.

The South Sea Islanders always give Wales a hard time, they will really fancy their chances. I don't like the look of Wales outside Cardiff, I think they'll massively struggle so far from home.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Roobsa
    Roobsa Posts: 37
    Mozza1 wrote:
    Be really pleased if Wales do lose 3 group games & get dumped out. Would serve them right for behaving like they'd won the world cup when they beat England the other week!

Glad it's not just me who thinks that. Not a fan of Welsh rugby. Partly because of Gavin Henson and his ridiculous club jumping antics earlier this year.

England have got to top their group otherwise we won't be going passed the quarters as we'll most likely be facing NZ if we're runners up.
  • Roobsa
    Roobsa Posts: 37
    edited August 2011
    Double post.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Surely Surely the Kiwi's can't loose this year, not again!! Would love to see England win but...yeah

The French could be dark horses, they ve been working for this for the last 4 years! I'm half welsh but 6 years living wales and getting abused by idiots has made me very anti Welsh rugby!

(Love the Lego Ashton swan dive in the OP too! made me chuckle)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    I've reached the stage where I've lost interest in international rugby and no longer care if Wales go out at the group stage. No doubt if they do then the WRU will blame the regions who in turn will blame the premier clubs and it will all result in those premier clubs having more changes enforced on them. It all revolves around the international game here these days, after all thats where all the hangers on get their chance to be seen on 'telly' at the big games :x
  • France don't stand a chance this year. Always unpredictable, but there's no cohesion in the current team (partly because Lievremont is such a terrible arse).

It might finally be the time the ABs don't choke in the quarters, you know...
  • I'm not saying the aussies will win but impressive try from last week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLaSAxYQmns
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Alain Quay wrote:
    I'm not saying the aussies will win but impressive try from last week:

Harry Connick Jr disapproves of the two fans at 41s :shock:
  • Fat. Men. Playing. Catch.
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • After Englands display against the Irish i think we have a fairly good chance of at least making the semi's. England showed some of thier power tackling last week and i can bet you we are holding some back. England Aussie final? Again.

A bit like poofball, playing kick around, Except poofball players keep stopping to brush thier hair and apply a bit more makeup and fake tan.
  • Wellievet wrote:
    After Englands display against the Irish i think we have a fairly good chance of at least making the semi's. England showed some of thier power tackling last week and i can bet you we are holding some back. England Aussie final? Again.

The power tackling is mainly coming from the new man Manu Tuilagi. He's a monster. I'd love to see an England v Aussie final. We've done well against them in the last couple of years though coming off a win against NZ, Australia are in pretty good form right now.

Nice addition to the thread. I guess you're a football fan? Try actually watching the sport and you'll realise no top flight rugby player is actually fat.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Fat. Men. Playing. Catch.

Won't find many fat international rugby players these days!
  • Roobsa wrote:

Nice addition to the thread. I guess you're a football fan? Try actually watching the sport and you'll realise no top flight rugby player is actually fat.

He supports Everton so he needs something to keep him amused and take his mind off it...after all have you seen them play? It's enough to make your eyes bleed.
  • Roobsa wrote:

i tried watching it- it was just a load of roid heads running into each other. then the crowd cheered when some tarquin booted the egg out of play!

utter shite
  • ddraver
    Alain Quay wrote:
    I'm not saying the aussies will win but impressive try from last week:

Why can't we have commentators like Aussie Commentators - I can't think of a single example where ours are better than theirs to listen to!
    - @ddraver
  • desweller
    Roobsa wrote:

i tried watching it- it was just a load of roid heads running into each other. then the crowd cheered when some tarquin booted the egg out of play!

utter shite

Stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think! Honestly, people these days just won't offer an opinion...
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Mozza1 wrote:
    Prediction? England to reach the Semi's.........unlike the rest of the English speaking contingent from the NH.

Hey Mozza1 - it means a lot to us to beat England, what's wrong with celebrating a win? I think it would be a sign of arrogance to simply walk off the pitch and not celebrate a victory.

You won't notice, but when England win it's on the National BBC News - ITV News - C4 - etc etc, channels which us Welsh, Irish and Scots cannot get away from.

Anyhow, as for the World cup, I've learned through heartache and pain not to expect too much from Wales, but to enjoy the victories as and when they come.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • desweller
    Benno68 wrote:
    Mozza1 wrote:

Hey Mozza1 - it means a lot to us to beat England, what's wrong with celebrating a win? I think it would be a sign of arrogance to simply walk off the pitch and not celebrate a victory.

You won't notice, but when England win it's on the National BBC News - ITV News - C4 - etc etc, channels which us Welsh, Irish and Scots cannot get away from.

Anyhow, as for the World cup, I've learned through heartache and pain not to expect too much from Wales, but to enjoy the victories as and when they come.

I like to see Wales win, chiefly because Cardiff goes mental in a way that just doesn't happen on this side of the river, but I just feel that they are not sufficiently confident away from home. Not to mention Gethin Jenkins being permanently crocked these days. Mind you, South Africa are not exactly firing on all cylinders; an opening victory against the champs could be just the boost that you need.

Look at it this way, you could be Irish. Imagine scheduling 4 warmup matches and then somehow contriving to lose every single one. Starting with Scotland. You'd be feeling pretty desperate right now.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    Roobsa wrote:

utter shite

You support Everton? Youre really not qualified to hold an opinion about sport. In fact, just go over and sit in a corner and fester, anything else you do would merely serve to weaken the gene pool.
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • Why's that, c0ck breath?
  • desweller
    Why's that, c0ck breath?

:lol:

You're funny. Can dish it out but you can't take it, can you.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • DesWeller wrote:
    Why's that, c0ck breath?

:lol:

You're funny. Can dish it out but you can't take it, can you.

YER MA
  • ddraver
    Can we stop feeding the troll please? He's clearly an idiotic looser keyboard warrior who think owning a coloured shirt makes him special. We also know that all we'd have to do is look at him slightly aggressively and he'd be crying on the floor like a baby with colic.

Meanwhile back on topic, enjoy some of these memories...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugb ... on=Gallery
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Can we stop feeding the troll please? He's clearly an idiotic looser keyboard warrior who think owning a coloured shirt makes him special. We also know that all we'd have to do is look at him slightly aggressively and he'd be crying on the floor like a baby with colic.

Meanwhile back on topic, enjoy some of these memories...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugb ... on=Gallery

troll? because i expressed an my opinion that rugby is rather poo? it was the rugby nerds that started the abuse, love. :D

i dont get your comment about owning a coloured shirt btw? is that rugger slang?

and my keyboard isnt loose.