edited September 2011 in The hub
Like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-APPLE-iPod ... 1853wt_905

feedback is good, just wondered if anyone here had any experience of such items

thanks
I'm not old I'm Retro

Comments

• Tim.s
    Tim.s Posts: 515
    Looks like a good deal, it comes with generic non Apple accessories so it might just be that the seller got hold of a load of unboxed units and made up kits for ebay.
    "Didn't hurt"
  • I got one of those years ago... an 80g version though. Think it cost me about £30 from ebay (I spotted an auction last min!).
    the battery is dead in mine now, but I use it connected to my car stereo that has an ipod link.

Great bit of kit!
  • The good thing about anything refurbished is that it's had it's "single point failure" and should function as normal.
    The price reduction is the bonus, as long as you get some warranty / guarantee with it.

I am not adverse to buying refurbs, in fact I much prefer refurbished hard disks (from the distributor) as statistically they tend to be more reliable than the new items

I got one of those years ago... an 80g version though. Think it cost me about £30 from ebay (I spotted an auction last min!).
    the battery is dead in mine now, but I use it connected to my car stereo that has an ipod link.

TNM you can buy the tool to pry any iPod open. I've repaired a few that were given to me as they were faulty. One had a dead hard disk, the other a dead battery. There are Ebay sellers who sell iPod repair kits as well as disk, batteries and baseboards to allow you to repair them yourself.
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    I got one of those years ago... an 80g version though. Think it cost me about £30 from ebay (I spotted an auction last min!).

Great bit of kit!

Thanks

Main reason I am getting it is my new company motor has a direct ipod dock in the glovebox with control through Sat nav and steering wheel controls, not really interested in it otherwise but easy way to store / access all my tunes.

And don't really what to pay new prices either.

thanks all for info, much appreciated 8)
    I'm not old I'm Retro