Women and aggressive driving/cycling (Brain-ache-bint)

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited September 2011 in Commuting chat
Edited to make it easier to digest.

The point:

Bit of chauvinism here,
Why is it when women demonstrate aggressive actions such as offensive or even defensive driving/cycling/pushchair handling they have to do it with an unprecedented level of aggression with seemingly no awareness of the people or things around them?

How do they get by in life living in a tunnel and a thought process that only allows them to think about achieving the goal but not how they go about achieving the goal itself?
The rant

Point in case. Barin-ache-bint (Woman driver) at a set of traffic lights by Tooting Broadway. Now she is hanging in the ASL and I'm also in the ASL. The lights go green and she wants to get going. Does she wait for me to set off and then drive around me giving me space? Does she f*ck. Nope she goes with me as the lights go green driving straight and thereby wedging me between the curb and her car. As soon as her bonnet is just in front of my front tyre she roars off until the next set of lights where we meet again only this time windows up, doors locked and her firmly looking straight. :roll:

It's happened to me in Colliers Wood, Tooting and Clapham on a number of occasions throughout the years. Different cars, different driver but still a Woman.

Now sure there are men that do this but more often than not but in my experience when a Male driver wants to get ahead of the cyclist he'll let the cyclist go so a space emerges and then drives around the cyclist given room. More Men, it seems are, are aware that sometimes you need to brake and slow down to get around an obstacle quicker in order to make the overall journey faster.

And it's not simply a case of more male drivers on the road so more examples. There are three types of male drivers in the scenario. (i) The guys that wait for you to go and then they overtake giving room. Plenty of them. (ii) They guys that st and wait and don't overtake because they realise they are in traffic and aren't too fused about overtaking you only to sit in traffic 3 feet up the road. Plenty of them. (iii) The guys that overtake in the same way as the woman did. Not too many of them on my commute anymore.

With women, two types. (i) The passive sit and wait behind the cyclist only overtaking if they absolutely have to and they do so giving so much room they now become a threat to oncoming traffic. (ii) The overly aggressive woman who doesn't give room and has no regard for her surroundings beyond reaching her goal. Sadly I'm finding this 50/50 during my encounters with female drivers.

Female Cycling commuters, it's the same thing. I'm waiting at the ASL, I've overtaken her and if not for the lights she'd never see me again. But she does because the lights are red. So what does brain-ache-bint do. Pushes past the other 8 cyclist in the ASL and plonks her bike in front of us or in front of a car (if we are waiting behind a car) not only holding us up but also making it tricky for us to get round her because she insists on riding as far from the curb as feasibly possible.

Or another scenario when stopped at the lights, brain-ache-bint will pull up beside you, set off with you riding a quarter-inch slightly behind you in that position that boxes you in and prevents you from seeing over your right shoulder. And she'll do this even though she can clearly see a obstacle ahead that you can't really speed up and maneuver safely but you'll need to get around. She won't tap her breaks, slow down and let you out. No she'll ride you into the obstacle or force you to slow down leaving you to make all kinds of hand gestures to the long line of cyclists or traffic behind her that she's holding up.

Seriously, yes I know that there are more men and therefore more examples of men doing sensible things. But of the women I encounter a higher percentage get right up my wick because their actions while perfectly fine for them are senseless when you look at the knock on effect to those around them.

I've lost count how many times I have had my ankle taken out in Morrison's because a woman is desperately trying to get to a food item or a till and pushed her pushchair or trolley to get there at all costs with what seems to be no awareness of the people or things around her.

See you stupid bints, that's what knowing the goal and thinking about how to achieve the goal looks like.

I'm seriously loosing my cool over this.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Have you tried grabbing her fanny?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    bails87 wrote:

:lol: That's why the windows went up and the doors were locked, she saw that glint in his eye.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    bails87 wrote:

this will only work if you whisper "Awoogah" in her ear
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    bails87 wrote:

:lol:

DDD, maybe you just tolerate that kind of behaviour less from women so you notice it more?
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Edited to make it easier to digest.

The point:

Bit of chauvinism here,
    Why is it when some women demonstrate aggressive actions such as offensive or even defensive driving/cycling/pushchair handling they have to do it with an unprecedented level of aggression with seemingly no awareness of the people or things around them?

How do they get by in life living in a tunnel and a thought process that only allows them to think about achieving the goal but not how they go about achieving the goal itself?
    See you stupid bints, that's what knowing the goal and thinking about how to achieve the goal looks like.

I'm seriously loosing my cool over this.
    FTFY

Perhaps though it's because of chauvanists making them believe they need to be extra aggressive / defensive just to get themselves noticed.
  • alansd1980
    alansd1980 Posts: 201
    Funny this should get brought up today....

This morning I was on the ramp onto tower bridge when some silly cow decided she wasnt happy being stuck in traffic decided to turn left. I was inside her so made eye contact carried on and shook my head. Next thing I know she is slamming the horn and rolls down her window "F*ck you, you c*nt" gets screamed. She was so mental even the white man van I was next to thought she was over the top! She obviously wasn't happy with my critique of her driving!
    Banstead in Surrey to Russell square and back
    FCN 4
  • DonDaddyD
    bails87 wrote:

There was one bint in Clapham who tried to drive me down by not giving enough space, I gestured to her and she drove past me with her middle finger raised aimed at the window towards me.

She literally drove the car for 3 secs before having to stop in traffic. I rode pass her looking at her through the window (fit as cheese on beans - yum) and we laughed about it.

She gave me space at our next encounter.

That was nice.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,626
    How did you meet?

She left hooked me, then gave me the finger...

Oo-err.

Paging Greg T
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    alansd1980 wrote:
    I was inside her so made eye contact carried on and shook my head.
    That's your problem, what with DDD grabbing handfuls of lady parts, this fellah indulging in a quick bit of hows-yer-father halfway to work; no wonder wimmin get the hump with us.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    CiB wrote:
    alansd1980 wrote:
    this fellah indulging in a quick bit of hows-yer-father halfway to work;
    At least she noticed :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • suzyb wrote:
    Perhaps though it's because of chauvanists making them believe they need to be extra aggressive / defensive just to get themselves noticed.

This thread needs to be male only. :lol:
  • alansd1980
    alansd1980 Posts: 201
    bails87 wrote:
    CiB wrote:
    alansd1980 wrote:

She may have noticed but she wasn't pleased!
    Banstead in Surrey to Russell square and back
    FCN 4
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    alansd1980 wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    CiB wrote:
    alansd1980 wrote:

She may have noticed but she wasn't pleased!
    What a gent though. You made eye contact and carried on. Chapeau. Unless the shake of the head was to indicate 'don't scream...'. That puts it on a different footing.
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    There is something to this, despite what the naysayers may post up.

DDD, an interesting related one for you when junior comes along. See who lets you cross the road when you are out with the baby buggy. I can tell by vehicle and demographic who will wave me across to the point that I would bet serious money, and who will rev the engine and block your way even though they won't make progress.
  • DonDaddyD
    When Mrs DDD is on the train she finds that it is women (sometimes) men, who barge her out the way to get a seat and/or won't get up - even when sitting in the priority seats - for her.

She's visibly pregnant. I've offered to get the train with her one day....

But yeah I'm sure and aware that there are certain demographics that tend to do things more than others.
    Food Chain number = 4

• cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    i was gonna say stuff about exaggeration of aggression in a hyper kind of way....in order to compete in a male (motoring) dominated world.

Then I started thinking about Japanese women dressing up to hyper-feminise in a countrywhere the men are generally more petit and have more feminine features than those in the west.....

In truth...I didn't get much passed the long socks.

:oops:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    When Mrs DDD is on the train she finds that it is women (sometimes) men, who barge her out the way to get a seat and/or won't get up - even when sitting in the priority seats - for her.

She's visibly pregnant. I've offered to get the train with her one day....

But yeah I'm sure and aware that there are certain demographics that tend to do things more than others.

Agreed.

I have never seen a female grant a seat on public transport to a person who needs it more (be they pregnant, older etc....)

What I have seen lots of times though, is a guy sitting several seats behind many young healthy wimmmins....get up to offer his seat to someone who needed it more, while the wimmins in front of him didn't even blink.

These wimmins need to be a bit more chivalrous if you ask me.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Linking the word wimmins - it has now joined my very small vocabulary :wink:
  • And y'all wonder why this forum is a sausage-fest...
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    davmaggs wrote:

DDD, an interesting related one for you when junior comes along. See who lets you cross the road when you are out with the baby buggy. I can tell by vehicle and demographic who will wave me across to the point that I would bet serious money, and who will rev the engine and block your way even though they won't make progress.

I should add, that it might surprise you who is the nicer group.
  • When driving, and you have to stop behind parked cars and flash your lights to let oncoming traffic through, why is it that women drivers never wave thanks?

Part of the same thing DDD is describing, in my opinion. Tunnel vision.

In my experience, bad male drivers are aggressive and impatient, and bad female drivers just have no idea what is going on around them.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    davmaggs wrote:
    davmaggs wrote:

I should add, that it might surprise you who is the nicer group.

Which is it?
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Not a bint - Audi TT suddenly comes alongside me as I'm going west on Lower Thames St - just as I'm approaching the London Bridge Junction...

You know where this is going . .

On goes his left hand indicator and you can just tell he's angling to edge me out or left hook me..... but the car in front isn't clearing and he's trapped on my outside...

I shout . . .

"Are you kidding me - no no no"

Just in case he'd hope I'd go left with him rather than straight on..

He backed off

As I'm clearing the junction he beeps me.

Why beep me? That's impotent rage that is. He should relax more.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • People of either gender can be tw*ts, and male cyclist and drivers do the same or worse every day. It says more about you than the women you describe that you notice and feel the need to point out that it was a woman giving the agro.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    People of either gender can be tw*ts, and male cyclist and drivers do the same or worse every day. It says more about you than the women you describe that you notice and feel the need to point out that it was a woman giving the agro.

I think we've found the woman of the story :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • And y'all wonder why this forum is a sausage-fest...

Silence, burd-thing! Haven't you got some tea to make, and men-types to serve? :twisted:

DDD, if you want to disarm the situation, I suggest you face her, twiddle one of your nipples, thrust your hips forwards and say in an alluring but not very good south American accent "you want some of theezz?"

Lick you lips ostentatiously for added effect.

Just don't mention a price.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • ...or perhaps we blokes are a just all a bit guilty of this
  • DonDaddyD
    edited August 2011
    Here's the thing.

Personally I think it's because Women don't believe they have anything to lose. Two blokes involved there is a measured approach to DefCon Nuclear... Women, my Mum and Mrs DDD including, just go straight for the nuclear option and loose their tempers (far quicker than men).

Why? They've never had to deal with real retaliation, they've probably always experienced men restraining themselves during bouts of road rage while they fly off the handle. They've never had to worry about a tear up in the street like you can get between two men. You see a tear up is an option for men, for your everyday woman it's largely not a possibility.

When I was younger I saw one woman do the same thing that was done to me but she did knock the cyclist off. He got up lifted his bike up and repeatedly attempted to put the wheel through her window. At the time I was like "Oh how terrible, a Man doing that to a Woman". Thinking back to it, she was inconsiderate and dangerous. F*ck her, should have landed the tyre on her chin arrogant cow.
    Food Chain number = 4

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    I saw a multiple Audi TT pile up on Kingston Bridge once. Man and a woman, I think they were too busy admiring each other to concentrate on where they were going.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    edited August 2011
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Here's the thing.

Personally I think it's because Women don't believe they have anything to lose. Two blokes involved there is a measured approach to def-con nuclear.. Women, my Mum and Mrs DDD including, just go straight for the nuclear option and loose their tempers (far quicker than men).

Why? They've never had to deal with real retaliation, they've probably always experienced men restraining themselves during bouts of road rage while they fly off the handle. They've never had to worry about a tear up in the street like you can get between two men. You see a the tear up is an option for men, for your everyday woman it's largely not a possibility.

When I was younger I saw one woman do the same thing that was done to me but she did knock the cyclist off. He got up lifted his bike up and repeatedly attempted tried to put the wheel through her window. At the time I was like "Oh how terrible, a Man doing that to a Woman". Thinking back to it, she was inconsiderate and dangerous. F*ck her, should have landed the tyre on her chin arrogant cow.

Little did she know that she was mere seconds away from you grabbing her by the vajazzle and forcing her to say sorry!
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A