Any riders in Skipton?

Comments

• CharlieH
    CharlieH Posts: 410
    Bummer, got a wedding Friday :(
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    I could get up Stainburn Friday afternoon, or Gizzy if anyone else is out.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • afternoon's out for me.

you in barlick then? earby lad now me.
  • 1mancity2
    yeah in Barlick, give me a shout if your after doing some local routes i.e wheats hill etc
  • Anyone up for a ride this Sunday? Was half thinking of Dalby Forest but am open to suggestions
  • Yep, I'm itching to get out somewhere. Dalby sound good (but long) or open to suggestions

The weather forecast isn't great though so maybe a trail centre might be a good idea as the trails should drain better than an average bridleway
  • 1mancity2
    Were heading down to Dalby, will be at dixons hollow around 10am.
  • I've never started from Dixons hollow, is it any easier starting from there rather than the visitor centre?
  • 1mancity2
    Yeah, you cut out some of the red, so we play on Dickies for a bit then do the red/black still a good ride and you get to play on the jumps!! (if they are open)
  • 1mancity2
    5 day forecast for Pickering (Dalby), Saturday light rain, cloud, Sunday dry with sunny inervals!!
  • Cutting out some sounds good, but not very good at leaving the ground as I have a habit of crashing and being self employed, that's not a good thing!!!! I'll see what Bazmundo thinks
  • 1mancity2
    We don't leave the ground much either just tend to watch others. I have a bronze giant reign and buddies have a black/silver giant trance and a bronze/silver gaint yukon (giant brigade) so not hard to miss 3 old blokes on giants!
  • Should be easy to spot. I'm the old bloke on a silver spesh fsr (usually covered in knee/elbow pads and sometime a fullface helmet) :)
  • 1mancity2 wrote:
    5 day forecast for Pickering (Dalby), Saturday light rain, cloud, Sunday dry with sunny inervals!!

I have the weatherpro app on my phone, which I use for weddings and it reckoned rain so I hope you're right ;)
  • I DON'T EFFING BELIEVE IT!!!!

I can't now make Sunday! Had to change an important meeting with some customers to this Sunday :( Not happy but I can't get out of it as they are both A&E doctors and had their shifts swapped

I'm defo fine for the Sunday after
  • I can't make it this sunday but should be around next weekend.

Up for a mid-week ride somewhere local next week if anybody is about?
  • After the disappointment of now not making Sunday, I'm determined to get out at least once this week so let me know what you decide
  • Will do - I'll probably head up ilkley moor at some point. I'm sure Matt will be about for a mid-week bash
  • Sounds good :) I can't do mon or fri night but others are fine
  • 1mancity2
    Dalby was good, weather was fine and warm until about 1:30, just one shower! did black and played on the jumps.
  • 1mancity2 wrote:
    Dalby was good, weather was fine and warm until about 1:30, just one shower! did black and played on the jumps.

GUTTED! I had the bike all set up, ready to go then I had to change plans. Been out on the HT this morning for an hour but it's not the same.

I am, however, free next Sunday and I'm refusing to book any meetings etc so if anyone is free, I will be up for a ride
  • 1mancity2
    Im up Gisburn doing a MTB course all next weekend.
  • Hey, I don't think I can make a mid week ride this week as not finishing till late so until I invest in some decent lights I don't think it is an option.
    Around at the weekend though, although Saturday is looking better for me but Sunday may still be an option so Charlie keep me informed of plans
  • Will do. I'm at weddings every sat until the end of oct and then my wife is due to give birth so I need to get in all the biking I can as I've got a feeling I'm not going to be getting out much for a while after that :)
  • Had an eventful but great ride at Gisburn today. Matt broke his hully gully cherry and I nearly broke my neck going over the bars, not once but TWICE!!!
    So glad I decided on the full body armour and full face helmet today :)
  • 1mancity2
    We did the course at Gizzy this weekend, I thought I could ride until Ed started showing us what to do!!

Will be going up next Sunday to put into practice what I've learned (or try to)
  • Heading to Ilkley Moor for a blast on Sunday morning if anyone is free. Hoping to start at 10:30 from the car park near the town centre on wells road.
  • Anyone fancy doing one of these routes on saturday?
    http://www.bhf.org.uk/get-involved/even ... X3yw%3D%3D
  • CharlieH
    CharlieH Posts: 410
    Would love to Matt but I'm doing my 35th wedding of the year. Managed to do Ilkley moor last sun without falling off, lol

I'll ring Tom tomorrow though as he did mention he was free on Sat
  • smegg40
    smegg40 Posts: 75
    Hoping you can help :) ,coming over to Guiseley next weekend and looking for some pionters to some rides/routes,I have ridden at Stainburn and Norwood and the Chevin before but would like some more natural stuff or to be shown some :D,coming from the flat side off Derby :)