Garmin Communicator

Headhuunter
Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
edited August 2011 in Road beginners
Has anyone else had issues with the latest Garmin Communicator plugin upgrade? I tried to download a couple of routes to my Edge 500 on Sat from Bike Hike and was told that I had to upgrade Garmin Communicator. I did this and proceeded to download the routes but since then, routes downloaded direct to the 500 from Bike Hike or Bike Route Toaster or wherever do not show up under "courses"... They are definitely there as I can see them in the courses folder when the Garmin is attached to the PC, although they are not saved under the name I gave them, they have some long string of numbers as a name and the date.

However if I download the route to the PC and then drag and drop it from the PC to the Garmin courses folder using Windows Explorer then it's fine and I can see the routes under courses, so it's still possible to get courses to work...

This was never a problem before, I was happily able to download TCX files direct from Bike Hike or BRT to the Garmin and then go. It seems that the new Garmin Communicator plugin does not work with 3rd party route planning sites, or is it just me and a problem with my Garmin?
Do not write below this line. Office use only.

Comments

• graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I updated Communicator to 3.0.1 (on a mac) the other night, and then uploaded two tcx courses from BRT with no problems.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Interesting, so it must just be my unit (which is literally 2 weeks old...!).... Just spoke to Garmin tech support, they weren't much help, basically said they hadn't come across the problem and that there is nothing they can do as I am using 3rd party route planners like Bike Hike and Bike Route Toaster....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    I have problems when I try to use Google Chrome, but did the upgrade recently and all works well with Internet Explorer and my 705.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols