Not bike related at all: Total failure...

MonkeyMonster
MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
You can see him, piss poor ninja skills there...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-14689055
Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]

Comments

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    could have done with him during the riots.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    What a total dink.

Sorry but this is beyond laughable - creeping through the bushes in a comedy ninja suit with a foam sword strapped to your back! The one time he really does come across some scrotes shooting an air rifle at some swans, what is his crimefighting technique? To go "Grr" at them.

I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, but there are some mental issues there somewhere....
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    He's about 18 years too old to be "Kick-Ass", but a foam sword? Plasticine throwing-stars and liquorice nunchuks too?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I made a thread about this ages ago...

You guys should read Kick-Ass and Kick-Ass 2. (comic)

Vigilante "superheros" are all the rage at the moment quite a few in America (I think one guy got shot or stabbed and is still doing it) and worryingly there is a growing number (community) here, I think they've even done team-ups. Mostly seem to be emerging from inner Cities up North.

My worries for the moment aren't the "superheros" themselves - without any superpowers and/or a lack of millions they aren't even Batman. My major worry is for that moment it clicks in some equally nutty head that all these "Heroes" need a "Villain" and we get some psycho going Green Goblin, Lex Luthor or worse The Joker and committing atrocities in kind.

The other issue is escalation (the ideology of the Superman and theories around the Ubermensch are of interest to me). Right now these guys are your Goldern Era (1950s) Superheroes. They don't have powers and for them it's about the altruistic nature of heroism. If this trends takes sway in the minds of the few, what happens when someone wants to start dishing out their own version of justice (Batman, The Punnisher etc) or has the resources, time and know how to truly be a threat to "evil".

My last issue is that Batman, Spider-man, Captain America and especially Superman are always right in the heroic deeds they perform. These guys are ultimately human and subject to mistakes. What if they stop the wrong person or apprehend someone in the wrong way and injure an innocent person or worse? (A misplaced action could lead to the creation of said Supervillain - see above - as addressed in Ultimates 1)

There is a reason why comics made a clear distinction between vigilantism and heroics. Let alone fiction and reality.

I just can't see this ending well.

My Superhero name would be 'The Renegade'. Though I'm waiting for when the trend goes from Street Heroes to Anti-Heroes. I may even go for the Robin Hood angle where I'm essentially a do-good bad guy...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    This is your aspirational image DDD? Ooh, no wonder she's preggers!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103524/
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Why would you do that ?
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Why would you do that ?
  • One day, that guy will be the subject of another news story, which will end with the words "...before turning the gun on himself."